Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cobalt SS TC

Go down 
+10
kthxbai
Petes71cam
Overboosting
U LK2LSE
GGevoX
XSFTLBS
Poncho Racing
Fuckin Schiller!!
STiedVR4Guy
bigbird94
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:22 pm

My girlfriend is in the market for a new car but does not know what she wants and is basicly leaving it up to me to find something for her. Ive gone over a lot of options with her and she really likes the new turbo Cobalts. Have any of you had any experience with these cars?
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:24 pm

As long as you like working on a turbo car because I doubt she will want to.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:27 pm

they're quick cars but the overall quality of them is crap. everything is cheaply built, looks gross, rattles, etc. typical GM economy car stuff.
Back to top Go down
Poncho Racing

Poncho Racing

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:33 pm

I'm a little more familiar with the S/C but I do believe these are also good cars. GM rates their maximum boost level at 20 psi so if GM says its good for that its probably able to take at least another 5-10 pounds. GM also released a turbo upgrade kit to boost hp. up to 290 and tq. up to 340. But i'm sure she really doesn't care about performance just durability. There not that old so its hard to say if the powertrain is magic cock pony or not.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Look into the new Ford Focus. They are really nice, and fairly inexpensive.
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:45 pm

She doesnt really car about how fast it is or upgrading it. The only reason for going for the turbo model would be all the other nice options it has ( wheels, seats, etc.)

If what Schiller says is true we may look a different direction.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Blackout wrote:
Look into the new Ford Focus. They are really nice, and fairly inexpensive.

this is true

also maybe look into an RSX Type-S? not sure if you're anti-import but my girlfriend just got one last week and even though she's new to a manual she's really comfortable with driving it, she has a lot of fun and gets like 32 mpg. Type-S comes standard with leather, moon roof, power everything, and Bose audio with 6 speakers, 6 CD changer and a small sub.
Back to top Go down
Poncho Racing

Poncho Racing

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:54 pm

If the engine is good enough to go into the bad ass looking Fisker Karma it should be good enough lol. (Key word should)

Cobalt SS TC Fisker10
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:02 pm

the engine definitely isn't the problem, lol just everything surrounding it
Back to top Go down
Poncho Racing

Poncho Racing

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:03 pm

^ Lmao......
Back to top Go down
GGevoX
Legit

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm going to disagree with the quality issue. It's a entry level economy car. The SS package is neo-preen(sp?) seats and leather accents. I have owned a ss/sc and my brother has a ss/tc. Fast cars. I don't think the interior looks anything less then the same model civic. If your considering a focus and a ss/tc in the same argument I'd say your off. 35+ mpg, huge after market, easy to work on. And cheap. I had over 90xxx miles on my 06 before i traded it in. I hate to sound like a homer because I owned a supercharged one but they are really under rated cars.
Back to top Go down
U LK2LSE

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Very good car they upped the interior a lot going from the S/C cars to the turbo cars...
Back to top Go down

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:43 pm

Overall durability of the Cobalt is good. The eco-tec seems to be good engine, though they all have some valvetrain noise. I've driven both power added models, and I liked the turbo better.

My question is this - Does your GF want the SS cobalt, or do you? Very Happy If she is not picky and just looking for a nameplate, you can get an older SS package that is N/A. It also does not have the shopping cart handle spoiler on it, just a normal flat style.

I'm actually watching for a cheap cobalt myself to use as my commuter Cool
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:06 pm

moparkid wrote:
Overall durability of the Cobalt is good. The eco-tec seems to be good engine, though they all have some valvetrain noise. I've driven both power added models, and I liked the turbo better.

The only issue I have with the lower model cobalts is the interior. One of my friends has a base model cobalt..... everything seems to be made out of one piece stamped plastic and it feels cheap as hell. Its been his daily for 2 years now, and it pretty damn reliable. He has the manual version.
Back to top Go down
Poncho Racing

Poncho Racing

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:07 pm

moparkid wrote:

My question is this - Does your GF want the SS cobalt, or do you? Very Happy If she is not picky and just looking for a nameplate, you can get an older SS package that is N/A. It also does not have the shopping cart handle spoiler on it, just a normal flat style.

There was an 05 red one up here sold for like 10-12 grand from a dealership. Their going down in price pretty reasonable if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:36 am

moparkid wrote:

I guess you could say we both want the SS. She is looking to spend around 20k so it falls well into her price range and she likes the SS seats and nice options. That and she wants something sporty with a little zip.

No go on the new fords.... she "doesnt like ford" or imports.

Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:46 am

LOL wow.....

Different strokes for different folks, i guess.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:48 am

Poncho Racing wrote:
GM rates their maximum boost level at 20 psi so if GM says its good for that its probably able to take at least another 5-10 pounds.

30 psi on the stock turbo Suspect
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:54 am

As much as I hate to say it Ford really has some good quality and looking cars and trucks out there. I really like the Fusions when there all dressed up.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:12 am

Overboosting wrote:
Poncho Racing wrote:
GM rates their maximum boost level at 20 psi so if GM says its good for that its probably able to take at least another 5-10 pounds.

my friend that was on here briefly (booSSted_23) had a 2010 SS/TC that went boom with an intake and a tune at 25 psi. new motor at 4000 miles lol
Back to top Go down

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:52 am

My cousin picked up a T/C SS and it's her everyday car. She is extremely happy with hers so far.
Back to top Go down
Poncho Racing

Poncho Racing

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:35 am

Overboosting wrote:
Poncho Racing wrote:

No lol I meant that the engine could probably with stand that much boost not the turbo. lmao
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:47 pm

lol no sir, it definitely cannot
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Is she looking for fuel economy too? good investment? fast car or doesnt matter? comfy?

Camry I4?
Corolla?
Impreza?
Maxima?
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:56 pm

he said she's anti-import lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cobalt SS TC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobalt SS TC   Cobalt SS TC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cobalt SS TC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next