Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.

Go down 
+3
Overboosting
2jz-U-Ltr
kthxbai
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:26 am

Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:38 am

Wow that 's stupid
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:40 am

Its ok dude, all this kick back on Toyota is just the domestics fans one chance to finally kick the company that has been dominating them for the last decade. Let them get it out of their system, Toyota isn't going to be that hurt by this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Runaway Toyota Prius

Though I don't find endangering one's safety funny, this whole Toyota thing IMO is payback for the years of bashing they did on domestic vehicles - what goes around comes around Razz When you claim to have the best product on the market, something like this will really f*ck up production.

Those that are loyal Toyota owners and have had good luck with the product will probably not bat an eye and continue to own and drive there product. However, those that have had problems may think twice and switch brands. Now I think some will try to capatilize on the whole stuck accelerator pedal gig. The douche in the article above is being investigated for providing false info regarding his stuck Prius accelerator. He's also $700k in debt, Hmm.... Dude's car isn't even under the recall. The Pontiac Vibe is a sister to the Toyota Matrix, and we recieved recall parts to do the Pontiacs involved.

I also heard on talk radio the other day that this was a conspiracy by the US government because they have stake in GM. I call BS on that.

I prefer GM's for regular transportation. Would I trade my Silverado for a Tundra? No f*cking way! That truck can't do 1/2 the work mine can on its best day... Plus they are ugly as a bag of shit. The Camry doesn't get any better mpg's than an Impala or Malibu or fusion or taurus. Hybrids? More of an electrical nightmare than a '91 Cadillac Allante.

In ten years no one will be talking about this, just like no one talks about Firestone Steeltex AT's blowing out and causing Ford Explorers to roll over anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:59 pm

moparkid wrote:

In ten years no one will be talking about this, just like no one talks about Firestone Steeltex AT's blowing out and causing Ford Explorers to roll over anymore.

Ford and Firestone got lucky....Sept 11, 2001 happened. Just as Ford and Firestone were to be front page news for the fall of 2001 and be dragged through the mud. Congresional hearings were scheduled during that time.

As for Toyota, it will hurt them if this continues. The Media, especially ABC, is tearing them up unjustly. Amazing how this went from a few, rare cases to now multiple cases reported daily. I don't believe in coincidence and there is too much of it going on. Toyota will drop off the radar when a National or Global emergency of epic proportions takes place. That or a white girl goes missing......
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Quote :
That or a white girl goes missing......
haha
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:18 pm

haha silly white girls, why do they get lost so easy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:33 pm

moparkid wrote:

I also heard on talk radio the other day that this was a conspiracy by the US government because they have stake in GM. I call BS on that.

I heard some of that also and agree with you, it is BS. To say the US Government is doing this is a hell of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:52 pm

moparkid makes some good points, I personally think its going to effect them short term but people will forget in a few years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:56 pm

kthxbai wrote:
Quote :
haha

Peter MS3 wrote:

White girl abductions have been on the down-low since little bitch put on her dog and pony show: Audrey Seiler
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:31 pm

moparkid wrote:
kthxbai wrote:
Quote :
haha

Peter MS3 wrote:

White girl abductions have been on the down-low since little bitch put on her dog and pony show: Audrey Seiler

But she is a little hottie. I give her a pass. drunken

Batshit crazy, but hot. I wonder where she is now? Terminator have her on speeddial by any chance? Laughing
Back to top Go down
spyderToph

spyderToph

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Yeah that prius owner is stupid, 30 miles and he could call the police and reach his hand down to try and pull the pedal up but never once tried the emergency brake and he said he didnt want to put it in neutral because he though it would go into reverse..... really? prius owners are fucking dumb. Toyota owners are very loyal and everyone that I've talked to thinks its all a bunch of media BS.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:35 pm

spyderToph wrote:
Yeah that prius owner is stupid, 30 miles and he could call the police and reach his hand down to try and pull the pedal up but never once tried the emergency brake and he said he didnt want to put it in neutral because he though it would go into reverse..... really? prius owners are fucking dumb. Toyota owners are very loyal and everyone that I've talked to thinks its all a bunch of media BS.

He also forgot to mention that he is owner of a Corvette club. Or is this a different guy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:04 pm

spyderToph wrote:

How about instead of reaching down and pulling the pedal up, one just turns the key to the off position? Pump the brakes and pull it over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:16 pm

moparkid wrote:
spyderToph wrote:

How about instead of reaching down and pulling the pedal up, one just turns the key to the off position? Pump the brakes and pull it over.

Power button to start and stop the engine. As for pulling the pedal, maybe using your foot. I'll have to try on my brothers girlfriends Prii. See if I can reach the pedal with my hand. engaging the e-brake would have been simple, but this guy, as you have mentioned, is full of shit so doing any of that would thwart his scam.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:14 pm

you can put them in neutral going at any speed and you can also turn them off too you have to hold the power button for 5 seconds or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:22 pm

Best explanation why Sikes is full of shit

Probably not safe to click at work, but you should probably watch this in case you decide to buy a toyota.
Back to top Go down
spyderToph

spyderToph

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of buying a Toyota? Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you.   Thinking of buying a Toyota?  Go here 1st to see if it's the right car for you. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Here's another one.