Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things to look for when buying a used engine.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

Things to look for when buying a used engine. Empty
PostSubject: Things to look for when buying a used engine.   Things to look for when buying a used engine. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Like the title states I am looking to buy a used 4g63 DSM engine and want to know what I should look for, especially when inspecting the crank/rod bearings. Should I pull the end caps and look to see if they are scored or worn? Is there an easier way? I know a lot of it depends on how far I want to tear into it for inspection, Im looking for what I can do easily and not waste the sellers time.

So far I have
-Compression test
-Leakdown test
-Check spark plugs
-Check fluid(if any)
-Residue under valve cover
-Check bearings?

Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Things to look for when buying a used engine.   Things to look for when buying a used engine. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 7:29 pm

how about stop by an pick up this 6 bolt i have thats freshly rebuilt, cant beat that. we can put it on a stand an check whatever you want, but its fresh from the machine shop, all new only installed and started/not driven. ill include the brand new clutch which helps prove the engines freshness. also have a brand new starter and alternater for reasonable cost.

Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Things to look for when buying a used engine.   Things to look for when buying a used engine. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Ill pm you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to look for when buying a used engine.   Things to look for when buying a used engine. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things to look for when buying a used engine.
Page 1 of 1