Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.

Go down 
+6
mdanielp
HoosierDaddy
Overboosting
Disgustang
XSFTLBS
Tusk
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Empty
PostSubject: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Copied from my GTO forum, I don't feel like typing oit out again.

So today I was doing maintenance, brakes, and axle back exhaust.

Maintenance included: Svede K&N filter charge, engine oil, trans fluid, rear end fluid, power steering fluid, and brake fluid.

Goodies were a complete brake upgrade, and Kooks afterburners.... not related

So I naturally started the car with the MAF unplugged while I was checking the trans fluid level. I turn it off right away. Plug it back in and it still started like a bitch and settled out. Check engine light was on at this point. Crud, I'll just clear the code later.

I'm going to go out to bed the brakes and get some MAF cleaner. I cleared the codes. Still started like a mofo. The instant I shifted into reverse I knew something was up here now too. It really torqued up when in reverse. Part throttle it is S L A M I N G gears. I have a CW TCM, but something was really different. I read a thread on here that stated the same trans issues I have and it was due to the P010X codes.

MAF cleaner didn't do anything and I still get codes.
I have the following codes:
P0101, P0102, P0103, P0335

Also...
Kooks are AWESOME under bridges, a little loud for my tastes but I'm sure I'll get used to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Disconnect the battery and clear codes
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Been clearing the codes with my hand held. They go away and then come back.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:24 pm

So you have 3 Mar codes and a crank sensor code..... re-check all your connections. I doubt you fried anything startinig it up without the MAF. The reason your trans shifts different is because of the MAF stuff, I'd guarantee it.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:28 pm

i have a vac gauge two screw drivers and a timing light and some jets...... want me to fix it
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:37 pm

The only code that doesn't fit with the others is the CPS code. Check your harness. IIRC, the MAF and CPS are fed from the same hot circuit, right?
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:46 pm

brngrhd wrote:
i have a vac gauge two screw drivers and a timing light and some jets...... want me to fix it

Heh, we were just talking about carbs today....... old and tired just like me Smile

I'll have to check everything again on Saturday. I've been so damn busy lately with "things" and today was my day to get car stuff done. I flippin love the brakes and noise makers though.

For whatever reason CPS gets tied into the other codes I think...

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC

* DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0341, P0342, or P0343 are not set.
* The camshaft position (CMP) sensor signal is incrementing.
* The mass air flow (MAF) is more than 5 g/s .
* The engine is cranking or running.
* DTC P0335 runs continuously when the above conditions are met.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Check your fuses
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:51 pm

^ I checked the engine compartment ones already. One mentioned the O2 sensors are tied into the same circuit (By the trans pan...). Keep 'em coming.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:08 am

I just found my new sig
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:52 am

Uh.... okay. In a lot of GM vehicles with auto trans, if a fault appears in the MAF circuit, I've been lead to beloved the pcm can command the trans to either shift different, or sometimes not at all. This is on electronically controlled autos ..... am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:58 am

http://www.samarins.com/glossary/airflow_sensor.html. so it looks like I could be right.... Is the GTOs pcm using MAF data to shift the trans? Idk.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:53 am

Overboosting wrote:
I just found my new sig

He is right from what I've briefly read, at least with my model of TCM & ECU.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:56 am

Top news, detective blackout comes through again. Laughing
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:19 am

LOL

Little known fact: I actually hold a Private Investigators License in the State of Wisconsin. No Joke.
Back to top Go down
mdanielp

mdanielp

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:25 am

Bro...I could use your help. I have an apartment building and want to serve some people that owe me money and don't have any idea where they are.....
Calll me 575-1641 or email
Back to top Go down
http://www.genesisspeedshop.com
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:46 am

If you are serious, yeah, I can help with that!
Back to top Go down
mdanielp

mdanielp

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:49 am

yup....call me
Back to top Go down
http://www.genesisspeedshop.com
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:54 am

hahah this thread delivers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Detective Blackout.... A real life Superhero Cool
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:34 pm

kind of
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Its not funny because I think your wrong its funny because blackout is "guarantee-ing" how to fix a problem. I just find it funny
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Even boner head can get his money back on that guarantee
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:37 pm

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:
Even boner head can get his money back on that guarantee

Why you got to drag me in to this?
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:39 pm

So you do answer to that name? ^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.   GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GM techs... not sure what the hell is going on.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: