Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Viper is coming back

Go down 
+5
XSFTLBS
Petes71cam
overblown
MikeyT
saucemaxx
9 posters
AuthorMessage

The Viper is coming back Empty
PostSubject: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:21 pm

Someone at General Motors may want to call St. Patrick, because Detroit is about to be overrun by snakes.
Chrysler has confirmed that the next generation Viper will be built at the car’s traditional home, the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant. The factory was shut down in July 2010 when the model went on hiatus. By reopening it, 150 new jobs will be created.
During its 15 year production run, 20,070 of the Corvette killers were turned out by the specialty facility. The last one was a custom bronzed gold coupe with copper racing stripes built for D'Ann Rauh and her husband Wayne, owners of largest private collection of Vipers in the world, over 40 of them.
Read: Ford Unleashes a 200 MPH Mustang
The next generation car is set to enter production in late 2012 and apparently be marketed under the newly-formed SRT brand this time around, rather than Dodge.
In July, SRT President and CEO Ralph Gilles told FoxNews.com that “the Viper is one of those products that is pretty much an SRT product from scratch,” adding that “it will have an umbilical cord back to Dodge, because that’s kind of where its roots are, but predominantly we positioned it as an SRT.”

Read more: foxnews.com/leisure/2011/12/13/dodge-viper-returning-to-detroit/#ixzz1gezvE5GF
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Hey look, it's another new Chrysler brand, that's the ticket to saving the company!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/sharpshooter
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:27 pm

I love the viper!

mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:32 pm

MikeyT wrote:
I love the viper!

mike

Me too! I'd say it's my dream car
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:33 am

Corvette killers. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:35 am

overblown wrote:
Corvette killers. LOL.

LOL...U took the words right out of my post I was getting ready to send.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:29 am

Interesting. I'm glad they are re-opening the plant too!
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:46 am

Vipers are fast, they are excellent race cars, but they are ( I never drove a 2nd gen, so I am basing this on some old information) terrible cars. They have ikea flat pack build quality, and they seem to be made of parts from Chrysler's lost and found. The exhaust note sounds like 4 Civics raping eachother, and parts are 9x more expensive than they should be. They squirm all over the road tracking into ruts and potholes, pieces of the interior trim fall off while idling at traffic lights.

But they will get you laid (if you can still move after the damage the seat/suspension has done to your lower back)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:59 am

saucemaxx wrote:
Vipers are fast, they are excellent race cars, but they are ( I never drove a 2nd gen, so I am basing this on some old information) terrible cars. They have ikea flat pack build quality, and they seem to be made of parts from Chrysler's lost and found. The exhaust note sounds like 4 Civics raping eachother, and parts are 9x more expensive than they should be. They squirm all over the road tracking into ruts and potholes, pieces of the interior trim fall off while idling at traffic lights.

But they will get you laid (if you can still move after the damage the seat/suspension has done to your lower back)

Hey even a paraplegic needs to get laid..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:50 am

I owned 3 Vipers.

Gen 1 cars are magic cock pony

Gen 2 cars are ok

Gen 3 cars are awesome. I would get another Gen 3 but fuck the gen 1's. Yuck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 1:15 am

saucemaxx wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6NGEMl00o

U no like? Shocked
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:12 pm

yuk
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:09 pm

Sounds Gross. Looks cool though.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Terminator wrote:
I owned 3 Vipers.

Gen 1 cars are magic cock pony

Gen 2 cars are ok

Gen 3 cars are awesome. I would get another Gen 3 but fuck the gen 1's. Yuck!

'96 in Blue/white would be my dream. Hard top. I think the soft top looks horrible. I can't wait to see the new gen though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:04 pm

overblown wrote:
Sounds Gross. Looks cool though.

That spoiler is horrendous
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:24 pm

sounds like my uncles tractor in that video.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:04 am

.. yeah, sounds like shit.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:45 am

It wouldn't matter because it would be so far ahead of you all that you'd never hear it anyway.
Back to top Go down
WWevoX
Legit

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:44 am

^ this, and god forbid that there be an actual functioning spoiler on a track car! Laughing
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:37 am

If I had a car that sounded like that, I woul knowbetter than to post a video of it farting around a gas station.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Viper is coming back   The Viper is coming back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Viper is coming back
Page 1 of 1