Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
franky.C
Legit
franky.C

Why is there so many tickets being given out lately?? Empty
PostSubject: Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??   Why is there so many tickets being given out lately?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:50 am

Just happened to run into this article.. I thought it was a tad bit interesting, since lately (past month)-- i have noticed an increase of people being ticketed on the side of the highway, including myself Sad

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-03-30-speeding-cushion_N.htm?se=yahoorefer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??   Why is there so many tickets being given out lately?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:00 am

They just ran a story about this on the local news, no more "breaks" for those going 5-7 over the limit accarding to city police. I drive the interstate daily and find that unless your going over 72 your still pretty safe..
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??   Why is there so many tickets being given out lately?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:20 am

Tell you what man, my speedometers aren't accurate to 1 mph at 70 or so.. this makes me kind of nervous. Some butthole state trooper in IA gave me a ticket for 74. I guess Ill just set the cruise at 70 and hope for the best!

Evan
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??   Why is there so many tickets being given out lately?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am

the speedometer in my nissan doesnt even work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??   Why is there so many tickets being given out lately?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:20 am

most state/local governments claim moving violation tickets are not for increasing revenue to help with a budget short fall, but its not coincidence that when there is a shortfall, tickets skyrocket. car and driver had a story about that in Arizona. that had a several million dollar shortfall and the amount of speed cameras tripled, weird.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??   Why is there so many tickets being given out lately?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:03 am

They are sick of the Jersey Shore so they're cracking down on guidos. Tough luck guy Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??   Why is there so many tickets being given out lately?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:02 am

Police should never be in the mindset or told to make their departments money. This will lead to a backlash against officers. There normally is a give and take but if they start getting a gestapo mindset about tickets they will stop getting help from the locals when things go south for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??   Why is there so many tickets being given out lately?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:43 am

There was a blurb about this on the 10p news last night. If you live in Rosendale or Blue Mounds, your PD is self sufficient on the speeding tickets they write. Watch your ass on Hwy 151 in/around Blue Mounds... The cop always sits on Cave of the Mounds Rd, CTY F, or the turn-around at the Dane/Iowa county line.

A few of the BM cops are also Mt. Horeb cops. This rookie they got is a real D-bag, and he's always on the super slab writing tickets. He will also lie in his reports, trust me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??   Why is there so many tickets being given out lately?? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:13 am

moparkid wrote:
There was a blurb about this on the 10p news last night. If you live in Rosendale or Blue Mounds, your PD is self sufficient on the speeding tickets they write. Watch your ass on Hwy 151 in/around Blue Mounds... The cop always sits on Cave of the Mounds Rd, CTY F, or the turn-around at the Dane/Iowa county line.

A few of the BM cops are also Mt. Horeb cops. This rookie they got is a real D-bag, and he's always on the super slab writing tickets. He will also lie in his reports, trust me.

Thanks for the tip, Dad does the Sunday cruise in the Edsel or any other of the toys and normally runs through Blue Mounds going to Barnevald, then Hyde....

Mazo has all Dane County enforcement. So far the two that are assigned are cool as hell. They leave the locals alone unless we really screw up but Hwy 14 in the am rush and pm rush is gunned every day. 30mph and a tick over it and you will get pulled over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??   Why is there so many tickets being given out lately?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:15 am

The local paper for Mazo, Black Earth was mailed today and the Police section takes up almost a full page. They have been on the war path.

And Chrise, they nailed someone for tint so watch your arse. You may be left alone though since they'll notice your a local with a house. They tend to leave the local grownups alone for peaty shit like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??   Why is there so many tickets being given out lately?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is there so many tickets being given out lately??
Page 1 of 1