Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

***Sigh*** dammit Alpine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

***Sigh*** dammit Alpine Empty
PostSubject: ***Sigh*** dammit Alpine   ***Sigh*** dammit Alpine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:23 pm

It finally happened to me. I have this NAV add-on for my Alpine deck. There is this small issue that comes along with it that just started popping its head up. Programed required service. It basically fricking bricks itself and you have to send it in. GAY.

Here is my little note that I'm suppose to send in with it... GAY.

Hello.

I am sending in my NVE-P1 for a V2 firmware update, this is used with my W505.

The other day I tried to use the nav function and I received a splash screen stating that this is over a year old and that it should be updated and to hit the “Ok / Accept” button. Unfortunately the button is off of the useable screen area making this as useful as a rock, but not quite, because a rock would make a better paperweight than this.

Other members of an on-line forum I am on have also had this problem. Their posts start at #88
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-product-reviews/47953-alpine-nve-p1-navigation-introduction-review-part-one-4.html

I really do enjoy my W505 and would like to have fully functional again

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: ***Sigh*** dammit Alpine   ***Sigh*** dammit Alpine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:21 pm

damn. that sucks dude. i hope you're not down for too long.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: ***Sigh*** dammit Alpine   ***Sigh*** dammit Alpine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:21 pm

sweet dude.... what a pain in the ass. i would be pissed
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: ***Sigh*** dammit Alpine   ***Sigh*** dammit Alpine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:15 pm

It is rather gay, but there'e not a lot I can do at the moment besides add it to my list of stuff that I'm waiting on.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: ***Sigh*** dammit Alpine   ***Sigh*** dammit Alpine Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:46 am

Hrumph.....

I've had my "upgraded" unit back for about a month. It's worked fine up until I tried it last night. I get nothing but a blank screen. Called their NAV tech support and dood was super nice and they're sending me a new one to try and swap it out with. Gay but cool all in the same breath.

Sigh... good thing I'm so f'n sick, I really don't care right now Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***Sigh*** dammit Alpine   ***Sigh*** dammit Alpine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

***Sigh*** dammit Alpine
Page 1 of 1