Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where do you buy gas?

Go down 
+10
Tusk
Mclovin23
Blown91LX
t0nyb0l0gna91
roguestatus
kthxbai
MikeyT
Disgustang
Administrator
STiedVR4Guy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Where do you buy gas? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:34 pm

True 93oct w/o ethanol is getting harder to find. I usually go to Monona Tire by WestTown - pricey, though.

Where else do you find the good stuff?
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Mobile in sun Prairie, and mobile on junction RD on the westside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:47 pm

Is that the Mobil by Junction and Old Sauk?
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Yes I think so.
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:19 pm

I didn't know the mobile in Sun Prairie was no ethanol, is the one by the new Copps on N or the one by the exit of 151?

Also, the BP in DeForest has non ethanol 93, that's where I usually try to fill up.

Where do you buy gas? CIMG0012
Back to top Go down
http://www.wistreetandtrack.com

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Anymore locations on the west side??
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Sorry, I'm not allowed on the West side since "the incident"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:29 pm

ooooh, I want to hear THAT story
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:36 pm

^Yes do tell!
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:50 pm

that makes three of us
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:32 pm

I was just kidding, the West side is still ok for me to drive in, but Virginia, New Jersey, North Carolina and Illinois are not.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:59 pm

I'm not to worried about 10% ethanol. I do run 93 octane in both cars now. Yet, I ran a little ethanol for years back home in North Dakota in my 1972 Road Runner and never had a problem and it was a big block 440 with 10:1 compression and hardened seats in my cast iron 906 head for the unleaded gas. Yet, I never had a problem.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Mikey - where in NOrth Dakota? Lot of nice open roads there... I am originally from Montana, formerly the land of no speed limits...

BTW, my speed3 seems to run better without the ethanol. I have seen some figures about the difference in energy content between ethanol and regular gas, and it is significant. The ethanol is no problem as long as you push more fuel - in fact, you can do very well with it. Cobb is doing some pretty outrageous things with their GT-R and E-85, ending up with well north of 600hp, as I recall.

But for me, unless I want to slightly tweak my fuel delivery, I would rather run straight gasoline. Maybe it's just my imagination; maybe not.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:25 pm

I lived on the far eastern part of the state about an hour north of Grand Forks. Yet, we use to make many trips out to Williston and thwe western part of the state.

Eastern North Dakota was ideal for drag racing conditions. Its basically a big flat prehistoric lake bed, so ever county road was a dragway!

You know the RR was never built for efficiency LOL! I had a big old Holley 850 double pumper on it and it didn't matter if I pussy footed it or WOT all the time, the car got a robust 9 miles to the gallon!
Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:57 am

^ That's any BB Mopar, Mikey!

The Mobil in Mt. Horeb used to sell non-ethanol 93, but that changed last year. Kwik Trips' have went to selling non-ethanol 91 octane, but some cars may need octane booster/lead additive to run that stuff. Haven't had to find out just yet...

In my experience, I've ran some 10% 93 octane and never had any issues.
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:04 pm

I've never been to Mount Horeb. Just a fun fact.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:31 pm

Uh.. arnt newer cars like your Mazda 3 made for 10% ethanol?
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:32 pm

Don't Shell stations have 93 free? I only get gas at BP cuz I'd rather send my money to the Brits then send it to them Arabs
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:35 pm

I only get gas at BP also. I dont really care if its got ethanol in it since i dont know what the difference is
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:17 pm

The Shell stations in Mazo and Spring Green used to have 93 w/o ethanol, but no more. Now in SG we get 91 w/o ethanol, and in Mazo they have 93 w/ethanol.

This link shows what Cobb has been up to - good info on what ethanol is really all about (power-wise, that is).

The GT-R with E-85
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:40 pm

there is some suff around here that runs on ethanol...... a stock civic SI with a turbo that made 500WHP an S2000 that made like 520 and a wago-van that made like 300whp LOL
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:13 pm

Are you the official dyno tuned whore today?
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:34 pm

didn't say anything about them....

he posted that cobb was making 600whp i posted that there are guys around here making the hp's above..... :shrugs:
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:26 pm

Last time I was at Kwik Trip they had 91 eth free. But I still refuse to get gas from there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy gas?   Where do you buy gas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you buy gas?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Recommendations-
Jump to: