Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update on the bird! Good News!

Go down 
+4
2jz-U-Ltr
240sxguy
MikeyT
XSFTLBS
8 posters
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Update on the bird!  Good News! Empty
PostSubject: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Alright, I have some updates on the Bird

I 100 percent have found my issue..... its the damn air meter door flapping. Since I can't adjust it enough to make it stop moving AND have the a/f happy, I am going to correct the flapping by doing the following:

I am burning a Moates J3 Chip so that the computer sees an averaged signal, instead of a direct signal. I know, its a band-aid, but it should make the car drivable until I go speed density next summer (Megasquirt!) I also found a real nice burning and editing program called TunerproRT that will allow me to edit the computer settings AND burn them into the add on Chip. It also allows real time data acquisition... and the program is FREE. The chip will cost me 60 bucks and my Buddie Aaron has the burner that i need......

So it looks like the car will be back in action in a week or two. I have a LOT of little things to tie up before that happens though.... like re-looming the ENTIRE wiring harness in the engine bay.... LOL
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Here is to you and determination. Good job!

Mike
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:08 pm

Thank god!

At least there IS a bandaid you can use until you can fix the root cause.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:13 pm

in other words, thank god that we don't have to read anymore tbird fail threads
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Peter MS3 wrote:

You are quite the translator. lol
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:34 pm

thats awesome kevin, ithought you were onto something when you were explaining the door flapping last week, anyway... tuner pro rt is good shit, buckmaster used that on that '74 triumph w./tbi swap, really cool. let me know if ya need anything. i have a few strips of 28 pin sst's, moates burner, emulator and datalogger (if your board is capable) if it helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:50 pm

240sxguy wrote:
Peter MS3 wrote:

You are quite the translator. lol

+1.

Get it back on the road Cool
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:16 am

ma70tt wrote:
thats awesome kevin, ithought you were onto something when you were explaining the door flapping last week, anyway... tuner pro rt is good shit, buckmaster used that on that '74 triumph w./tbi swap, really cool. let me know if ya need anything. i have a few strips of 28 pin sst's, moates burner, emulator and datalogger (if your board is capable) if it helps.

Wait. You have a Moates burner? What model is it? If it can handle burning a Moates J3 chip, I might be stopping by to burn my new /bin onto it!
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:18 am

Peter MS3 wrote:

LOL Fuck You Peter. Next time I see you on the road, I'm gonna roll my Explorer over that Mazda of yours.

J/K Fuckface, tongue
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:30 am

moates burn1 chip programmer, we use it for any type of chip we have need to burn it has an aries 32 pin reciever and usb out. lmk...

also like i said have two moates ostrich 2.0 8 bit real time emulators and at least two stips of 28 pin sst's if thats what your system uses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:41 am

Hell yeah! I shouldnt need any of the 28 pin ssts or any of the ostrich emulator stuff, but as soon as I get the chip, its just a matter of hooking up the burn 1 to my laptop, and o[en up Moates Flashandburn.... load my Bin file to the flashandburn program and it automatically recognizes that the Burn1 is attached. The Ford adapter is socketed, so i can just take the chip out and put it in the Burn1 to load the changes I need.

This is awesome! I'll give you a call once I get the chip/adapter. I'm ordering it tomorow hopefully, so I'd wager a guess I'll see it late next week with the holiday and ground shipping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:11 am

Awesome news. Glad to hear.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:54 am

good to hear.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:22 pm

one less car broken down!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on the bird! Good News!   Update on the bird!  Good News! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on the bird! Good News!
Page 1 of 1