Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest project.....

Go down 
+4
Blown91LX
overblown
Bod89lx
Tusk
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

Latest project..... Empty
PostSubject: Latest project.....   Latest project..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:07 am

I was bored yesterday.......

I went from this...
Latest project..... DSC03096

To this...
Latest project..... DSC03100

Because of this.....
Latest project..... DSC03101

To make it look like this...
Latest project..... DSC03102

I cleaned up / ported my intake. The runner pics didn't turn out. I really need a new camera and some photography skills. I kept reading that the LS2 inktakes have some serrios QC issues. Once it was off, they werent kidding. Tons of healthy overlaps from the sonic welding. been a while since I've been down this road so I was a bit conservative in some areas, though I did take a fair amount out and opened up the runners a bit. I think next week I'm going to pop it off again and rework a couple of more areas. Durring the hand sanding, I managed to sand though the skin on my girly hands (yet again), so I was bleeding everywhere and was ready to be finished. Something with wet sanding....

It's probabaly in my head, but it seems rev smoother and just keep pulling all the way. My 1-2 shift seems to spin a bit harder also. In the GTO this is suppose to be worth a good couple of hp.... I'd like to think so.

Also, catch cans on these LS2s are a MUST. I had one since last December, I'm always amazed how much oil is in there during oil changes. The amount of oil on my TB and intake from the 35K that was on the car was impressive.
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: Latest project.....   Latest project..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:23 am

Nice job.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Latest project.....   Latest project..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:11 am

way to jump in there and tackle that thing.
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Latest project.....   Latest project..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:28 am

sweet. I thought you were going to wire up some stereo shit under the intake. Lol
Back to top Go down
JDMasfck
Legit
JDMasfck

PostSubject: Re: Latest project.....   Latest project..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:43 am

Nice job!!
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Latest project.....   Latest project..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:51 am

Blown91LX wrote:
sweet. I thought you were going to wire up some stereo shit under the intake. Lol

Ya know that is a big space for a widescreen...... Wink
Back to top Go down
franky.C
Legit
franky.C

PostSubject: Re: Latest project.....   Latest project..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:07 pm

overblown wrote:
way to jump in there and tackle that thing.

that's what she said!!!
Back to top Go down
U LK2LSE

PostSubject: Re: Latest project.....   Latest project..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Yea I've been researching all the lsx intakes recently and ls2 they went a different castin method and it was horrible... They also did the same thing from 98 to 02 ls1 heads their are like over 4 different castings and some are suppose to be the same but one outflows the other...
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Latest project.....   Latest project..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:46 am

jizz rocket
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Latest project.....   Latest project..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:55 am

She's just a heavy magic cock pony Smile

Some runners were really bad. I was thinking ok lets see what these are really like, but some were just like WTF... really!?

I'd love a FAST, but I am a cheap bastard (1G DSM owner still burried way deep down). My extra day off next week is Friday, so it is for sure coming off so I can do the little extra I wanted to do. It's a worth while mod IMO, these cool mornings she feels like she took an asthma inhaler Smile

Latest project..... A_Young_Girl_Using_An_Asthma_Inhaler_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090618-191590-728042
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Latest project.....   Latest project..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:08 pm

I took it all apart last Thursday again and got crazy with it. Still considered a "Stage 1" by the standards. I got a little carried away by some of the injector bosses, but eveything is cool. I found these cool scotch bright wheels for a Dremel. Made polishing WAY quicker, though it brough back HORRIABLE memories from when I worked at Wolf Appliance.

The superduper butt dyno says... great mod for the LS2 folks. I'm gonna have to do some dataloging on these cooler nights to see if I can squeak a little more out of here. I really need some damn drag bags.... anyone got a hook up with a dealer?

Still 100% stock...... looking Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest project.....   Latest project..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest project.....
Page 1 of 1