Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got the engine out today

Go down 
+7
Srauls
Mclovin23
overblown
240sxguy
roguestatus
Administrator
Overboosting
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

Got the engine out today Empty
PostSubject: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 am

Sorry For the shitty quality I couldnt find my camera

Got the engine out today 492385772_1729079770_0
Got the engine out today 492385633_1729079261_0

Me and legaSTi started tearing down the block and got all the bolts out that need to be, but in order to get the heads off you need to take the cam gears out. Well turns out thats quite the task. People have used 1000ft/lb impacts and still havent got them to budge, they say the best way to do it is to take an 8 ft pipe, yes 8ft pipe and use that as a cheater bar. And the best part is that its a 10mm hex bolt in each gear, and 3 of the 4 cam gears are plastic, fml.

Last edited by Overboosting on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:09 am

Nice dude, but next time you need to warn a bitch to come make sure it all gets labeled, recorded and organized so that we can put it back together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wistreetandtrack.com
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:15 am

I hear ya, I just decided out of the blue today that I wanted to get the engine out, you would be disapointed with me and my organization skills lol. theres nuts and bolts everywhere and I have no idea where they go, good thing is I dont need them, just the tranny bolts which I know which ones they are. I made enough room for more than one person so im gonna need your manly muscles to get those cam bolts off, if you've got a long pipe(no homo) bring it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:17 am

Overboosting wrote:

Me and legaSTi started tearing down the block and got all the bolts out that need to be, but in order to get the heads off you need to take the cam gears out. Well turns out thats quite the task. People have used 1000ft/lb impacts and still havent got them to budge, they say the best way to do it is to take an 8 ft pipe, yes 8ft pipe and use that as a cheater bar. And the best part is that its a 10mm hex bolt in each gear, and 3 of the 4 cam gears are plastic, fml.

if you have any questions or run into any snags along the way, lemme know...I'm more than willing to led you my extensive knowledge of Subaru's
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:21 am

Overboosting wrote:

What do you plan on racing on, hopes and dreams?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:21 am

Thats exciting.
This has been a long time coming lol.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:10 am

PM on the way.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 pm

good job guys. good luck with those bolts. sounds like a bitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:35 pm

Good work Logan!!! Get 'er barkin' before spring!!!
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:01 pm

You know im no good with engines, but if you point me in the right direction i could help crank some bolts Smile
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Yo get Matt on them bolts. He'll have em out by the time you turn around to grab a different wrench. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:23 pm

roguestatus wrote:
Yo get Matt on them bolts. He'll have em out by the time you turn around to grab a different wrench. Shocked

No shit. Its ridiculous how he does it. lol
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:15 pm

Mclovin23 wrote:

No shit. Its ridiculous how he does it. lol

Haha or maybe you shouldn't you'll be out a set of hubs and other misc. parts Wink
Back to top Go down
Srauls
Legit
Srauls

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Nice job man hope the new motor goes in smoothly for ya.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/srauls
Rac3c4r
Legit
Rac3c4r

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:18 pm

hhahaha im glad to see it out. I hate stuck bolts....
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:41 pm

When you getting the new ej?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Make sure you get a proper map for the EJ207. I helped tune a guy who got the engine through DS1 and the ECU they gave him did not have a stock EJ207 map on it. He kept overboosting and having problems. We figured out the cause and got the proper map on there and his car runs great now. I love that engine.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:20 pm

roguestatus wrote:
When you getting the new ej?

hopefully this month sometime

th3franz wrote:
Make sure you get a proper map for the EJ207. I helped tune a guy who got the engine through DS1 and the ECU they gave him did not have a stock EJ207 map on it. He kept overboosting and having problems. We figured out the cause and got the proper map on there and his car runs great now. I love that engine.

Im trying to find a good vendor on nasioc to source me a 207, I think I found a pretty good one Im just waiting for some pics, I wasnt aware DS1 sold jdm engines.
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Overboosting wrote:
I hear ya, I just decided out of the blue today that I wanted to get the engine out, you would be disapointed with me and my organization skills lol. theres nuts and bolts everywhere and I have no idea where they go, good thing is I dont need them, just the tranny bolts which I know which ones they are. I made enough room for more than one person so im gonna need your manly muscles to get those cam bolts off, if you've got a long pipe(no homo) bring it.

I'm ready whenever, I have to go to D.C. next week though. Fancy coffee table here we come!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:25 pm

So what is the swap plan? Not up to speed on the Subby swaps that are done.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:39 pm

lilwillie wrote:
So what is the swap plan? Not up to speed on the Subby swaps that are done.

The engine I plan on getting is out of a japanese sti, the sti's here use a turbocharged 2.5 liter which make realy good torque but lack top end. the japanese sti's use a turbocharged 2 liter that makes really good top end and is capable of revving to 8500 stock. Its kinda a preference thing.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:15 pm

woo hoo got a present in the mail today!

Got the engine out today SDC12608
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:21 pm

Someone's bringing sexy back.
Back to top Go down
spyderToph

spyderToph

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Very cool, I can't wait to hear that thing spinning to 8500.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Ooooo. who sent you that beast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got the engine out today   Got the engine out today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got the engine out today
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next