Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!

Go down 
+8
OJDAJUICEMAN
Disgustang
Rac3c4r
Blown91LX
overblown
MikeyT
roguestatus
Native
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:06 pm

wow. Settle down sensitive sally.
Back to top Go down
Native
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:08 pm

[quote="Blown91LX"][quote="Native"][quote="overblown"]
Blown91LX wrote:

Nobody was being a critic you fucking ass jockey.

How about, you settle the fuck down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:10 pm

Native wrote:
Terminator wrote:
All i did was ask a question about the LT1 motors because i really have not heard alot about people moddeding them to that point. I was interested in getting a little more well known with what you and some others have done with them. I think it's cool. I think that maybe you took my question as questioning your honesty which in fact i was not. I'm just interested in what other people like to spend their time on. Cool

I guess I couldn't tell the difference, It's no big deal.

Ask Tye. All i do is ask questions. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:11 pm

[quote="Native"][quote="Blown91LX"][quote="Native"]
overblown wrote:
Blown91LX wrote:

I assure you i am. Come on, ass jockey..... Thats pisses you off. Thats just fun to say. Dont let it ruffle your skirt.
Back to top Go down
Native
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:15 pm

[quote="Blown91LX"][quote="Native"][quote="Blown91LX"]
Native wrote:
overblown wrote:
Blown91LX wrote:

I assure you i am. Come on, ass jockey..... Thats pisses you off. Thats just fun to say. Dont let it ruffle your skirt.

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:20 pm

See thats all over with and we can move on. Hope you stick around. We need all the fast domestics we can get. Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:48 pm

lol this forum is the best. Native how'd all the head work go?
Back to top Go down
Native
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:56 pm

QuasarZ28 wrote:

Still in progress. Pulled the intake and heads last night and got them shipped out to Elliot portworks this morning. I won't have the heads back for a few weeks so I'll be cleaning up the block in the meantime. If you ever need head work done check them out at http://www.elliottsportworks.com/lt1.html they show the different hp potentials of each of their packages on there.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:11 pm

well that was fun.
Back to top Go down
Rac3c4r
Legit
Rac3c4r

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:41 pm

im actually genuinely interested here. I know head changes on a v8 are important, but could you maybe through some pics up of the change? Kinda want to see the process and all..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Wow.... I missed alot. However, I'm glad you assholes kissed and made up on your own Cool

Native, keep us posted on your build!
Back to top Go down
Native
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Pics of progress. If you want to be critical, go fuck yourself. Wink

Normal engine bay pic.
Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 IMGP0434-1-1

Engine covers off.
Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 GEDC0064

Intake, valvecovers and headers off
Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 GEDC0067

Heads off
Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 GEDC0069

Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 GEDC0070
Back to top Go down
Rac3c4r
Legit
Rac3c4r

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Great pics! looks like alot of work. you do this all yourself?
Back to top Go down
Native
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm

NaSTi wrote:
Great pics! looks like alot of work. you do this all yourself?
Yeah it's a little involved. Yeah I do the work myself. This is my second time doing H/C swap on a lt1 though so it's familiar.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:56 pm

WOW....... i really need to get my intake off and and swap my junk over to my new stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:21 pm

Native wrote:
QuasarZ28 wrote:

Still in progress. Pulled the intake and heads last night and got them shipped out to Elliot portworks this morning. I won't have the heads back for a few weeks so I'll be cleaning up the block in the meantime. If you ever need head work done check them out at http://www.elliottsportworks.com/lt1.html they show the different hp potentials of each of their packages on there.

yeah i called him a few months ago and talking to him about goals and what he had to offer. Man he will talk your ear off if you ask the right questions! lol But, I would like to get LE3 heads sometime in the future...only thing is, I need to work on drain train to support what I have before I go any bigger.
Back to top Go down
Native
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:40 pm

QuasarZ28 wrote:
Native wrote:
QuasarZ28 wrote:

yeah i called him a few months ago and talking to him about goals and what he had to offer. Man he will talk your ear off if you ask the right questions! lol But, I would like to get LE3 heads sometime in the future...only thing is, I need to work on drain train to support what I have before I go any bigger.

What do you mean by "drain train"? I've never heard of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:23 am

drive** i really need to start proof reading :S
Back to top Go down
Native
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:05 am

Here's some le2 H/C/I cars:

377 whp on Mustang dyno (ha the guy is actually from Middleton)
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/1177156-back-dyno.html

426 whp
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/1205110-le2-stock-bottom-end-lt1-426rwhp-393rwtq-through-ford-9-a.html

413 whp
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/1049017-stock-short-block-h-c-lt1.html

380 whp (smaller emissions cam)
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/667667-dyno-results-le2-heads-le1hl-cam-dynotune-ed-wright.html

400 whp
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/531905-le2-h-c-installed-dynoed.html

391 whp (smaller emission cam)
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/1137309-le2-dyno-results.html

391 whp
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/691039-new-dyno-s-le2-heads.html
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:45 am

terminator04 is right, he does ask a fuck ton of questions lol. glad u decided this route.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:24 am

The link above, if my car. Smile

Your going to be very happy with Lloyd's heads, he does great work and amazing customer support.

My car did put down 377 on Midwest Hybrids Dyno, I was pretty happy with the results. It was the first time on the dyno on a Mail order tune, it was running fairly rich 11.6 afr across the board so needless to say there is some power left in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:16 pm

z28_theantirice wrote:

Your going to be very happy with Lloyd's heads, he does great work and amazing customer support.

My car did put down 377 on Midwest Hybrids Dyno, I was pretty happy with the results. It was the first time on the dyno on a Mail order tune, it was running fairly rich 11.6 afr across the board so needless to say there is some power left in it.

wasn't you fuel pump maxed out too? Or did you get a new one? For some reason I think llyod was telling me once you did that you would be closer to 390-400. But I could be way off lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:57 pm

QuasarZ28 wrote:
z28_theantirice wrote:

wasn't you fuel pump maxed out too? Or did you get a new one? For some reason I think llyod was telling me once you did that you would be closer to 390-400. But I could be way off lol

At that power level you are on the edge of what the stock pump can safely support. You might be able to get away with running the stock pump fine. I had 50k mile son mine and it wasn't able to keep up. IMHO its wise to replace the stock pump in an FBody when you start getting serious about performance. And when you do the Racetronix setup is the way to go. Easy plug and play.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:00 pm

run meth to pick up where your fuel pump drops off Smile
If V8s do that. i dont know shit. lol
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:41 pm

McMuffDiver wrote:
run meth to pick up where your fuel pump drops off Smile
If V8s do that. i dont know shit. lol

they don't usually do that on unboosted cars. not saying you can't but i'm betting they don't have the compression/cylinder pressures to make god use of any meth. not only that but that is not a safe thing to do yes people do do it but what if the meth pump fails or you run out and don't know it. also if his fuel pump was not able to supply enough fuel the a/f would be lean not rich. Smile badass car for sure buddy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next