Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dyno tuned

Go down 
+17
00camaro
overblown
Petes71cam
OJDAJUICEMAN
STiedVR4Guy
Mr Peepers
Mclovin23
240sxguy
Overboosting
MikeyT
2jz-U-Ltr
408 4 Eye
Tusk
Rac3c4r
XSFTLBS
HoosierDaddy
Disgustang
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

dyno tuned - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Peaches wrote:
This whole thread is pointless

^^^ this

this thread has been one big clusted fuck from the word go might as well scrap the whole fucking thread.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:27 pm

i dont know what drugs your on bonerhead, but i think your wife swapped them out with some estrogen because you sound like a bitch lately

Smile
Back to top Go down
baileyracing
Legit
baileyracing

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Liar.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Well either way, whatever the dyno reads is clearly off. a built high compression lt1 running e85 should be around 430whp and you should be racing people according to that...thats all im saying
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:08 pm

brngrhd wrote:
MikeyT wrote:
I'll race you Steve. Will I lose probably, fun for you, but also a measuring stick for me. I will be able to see how it stacks up. My sole reason for putting it up there wasn't to belittle your numbers or show off. It was just more data to look at for the Nate's dyno

Mike

I'm not mad at you mike I'm mad at all the fucking retards that claim im lying about my numbers. i invite anyone who wants to go to nates and look at the fucking numbers. both run on the same dyno both with stalled auto's. IDK why they are what they are but it is what it is. your car made what it made my car made what it made but im lying.....

Steve... and everyone else calling him a liar..... did anyone stop to think for one damn minute that his (Steve's) car was/is having transmission problems????

If I were a betting man, I'd say the numbers that the dyno showed on the Nova, was/is a clue that the trans or converter is slipping soooo bad that the power isn't making it to the wheels. MMMMM KAYYYYY?!?!?!

Now...... eat shit & go beat your dicks with 300 grit sandpaper.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:13 pm

I would say no it was at low rpm where the pump was not making pressure that killed the trans the first time....... Maybe but i don't think so
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:15 pm

No because the 408 mustang made the same 290 wheel unless theyre both having transmission problems..I thought i saw that the 408 made 380whp with a manual, smaller intake and a smaller cam awhile ago. So magically he lost 100hp?? I think they had the dyno set on the sandbag setting...but honestly i could care less he just needs to get it out and race people
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:27 pm

Overboosting wrote:

You really do belong in janseville... "my names bonerhead and my old magic cock pony only makes 290hp, so im gonna pick on cars way slower than me and pound them into the ground."

yup thats fun

Haha dude this made my day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:30 pm

brngrhd wrote:
I would say no it was at low rpm where the pump was not making pressure that killed the trans the first time....... Maybe but i don't think so

Nevermind then... I'm going back to my corner. Sleep
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Peaches wrote:
Because those are massively misleading numbers for both your car and Andy's and everyone knows it. I'm sure the dyno did read what you say, but for comparison sake with any other dyno or car out there this is pointless. That's all I'm saying.

^What this fuck wagon said!!!

Nobody said you're lying and the dyno didn't actually read 290.
Back to top Go down
Rac3c4r
Legit
Rac3c4r

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Peaches wrote:
Peaches wrote:
Because those are massively misleading numbers for both your car and Andy's and everyone knows it. I'm sure the dyno did read what you say, but for comparison sake with any other dyno or car out there this is pointless. That's all I'm saying.

Did you quote yourself? your cool...
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Who gives a shit what the dyno said anyway? That guy with the black 240 said his car made 470whp and I also heard he couldn't light up his tires in 1st and 2nd.

FWIW; When I was on nate's dyno I thought it was accurate.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Peaches wrote:
Peaches wrote:

really did you read the thread because up untill today these are quotes from this thread

Quote :
Ok...... I only have 250 whp. So. I'm still gonna need land from you sir .
Quote :
Sandbagger.
Quote :
Im gonna call your car bullshit-sandbag-missle-rapemachine for now.

Unless its slow.

Then Ill call it turdzilla crackrammer.
Quote :
But really...I don't believe you
Quote :
LOL. If what you say true, sorry to hear.
Quote :
This, dyno numbers can be swung anyway you want, If you look at what the car has done to it, its obviously not going to be slow and its not fooling anyone.
Quote :
.... unless they played with the calibration on it.
Quote :
how did it make less than my dinky subaru engine with exhaust and intake?

yup they are all saying im not BS's the numbers or messing with the cal on the dyno to get the numbers low...... then after mikes post we went into this
Quote :
You really do belong in janseville... "my names bonerhead and my old magic cock pony only makes 290hp, so im gonna pick on cars way slower than me and pound them into the ground."

yup thats fun
Quote :
Dirty sandbagging clocks off hustler
Quote :
Drama queen.
Quote :
I think they had the dyno set on the sandbag setting...

Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Well dyno's are terribly misleading, again I believe that Steve's car read what it read.

I'll give you an example I went bigger cam, bigger carb and more righteous torque converter and my reward.... I lost 16 hp and 70 ft/ lbs. I felt bummed, so I chatted with some of my mopar race buddies. It is very common that when changing converters for numbers to go wierd. Basically they said tune for a/f and go race.

Mike jkho
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:26 pm

See avatar
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Overboosting wrote:
Well either way, whatever the dyno reads is clearly off. a built high compression lt1 running e85 should be around 430whp and you should be racing people according to that...thats all im saying

Overboosting wrote:
No because the 408 mustang made the same 290 wheel unless theyre both having transmission problems..I thought i saw that the 408 made 380whp with a manual, smaller intake and a smaller cam awhile ago. So magically he lost 100hp?? I think they had the dyno set on the sandbag setting...but honestly i could care less he just needs to get it out and race people

dyno hasnt been wrong in six years, i calibrate it daily/per appointment, usually in front of whoever is footin' the bill. i get this #'s are wrong alot (when its not what people wanna see) but unfortunately for them what that thing tells is the truth. if it was wrong it would get fixed or replaced, it was way to damn expensive to just take peoples money an spit out bullshit numbers.

for comparison sake a couple days before mikey i had a supercharged mustang on that did an as expected 380, like i said if i thought there was anything wrong with the machine it would be fixed immediately or replaced. im not in the business of taking peoples hard earned cash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:20 pm

^ 100 agreed! I didn't question Nate's dyno it was 100% consistent when I was on it. Its just my torque converter by design will mess things up ( as reported by PTC tech guys) My numbers were what they were simple as that.

Mike

Back to top Go down
Vanilla Gorilla
Legit

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:44 pm

There is another chassis dyno in Machesny Park if this needs to be settled and resolved. Rather than bitch, piss and moan then argue for 5 pages online do an apples to apples comparison when you're able to and that can determine if the dyno isn't calibrated or if you are just trying to be a mean JVL guy and massage numbers just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:55 pm

It is not and never has been about the dyno. It was just that the numbers are obviously misleading based on the way the car is putting power to the dyno through the torque converter.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Oh boy. The only damn person that should be conserned with their numbers is the person's car. A dyno is a TOOL for TUNING........ That is all. It's not a cock meter. You can't just go somewhere else to try and see it the numbers are right. Engine temp, air temp, yadda yadda yadda. Oh, and stall converters are cool...... they makes things look different.

If someone wants to throw in for me to get on Nates dyno I'll be more than happy. There isn't a chance in hell I shouldn't dyno less than 325 at the wheels, should be a tick more but who cares. I've taken it to the track and I know what it runs.... what really counts.

Ending my rant.... just pissy because I have to stay late tonight and because of this Dead Horse 4
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:24 pm

my plan is this get the new intake on there and take it to A dyno maybe nates may not be.... I'm going to give it MY full tune. when i was as nates we chased the timing found out what the car wanted... the next time out im going to put it on the rollers and i don't care what the A/F says im going to add fuel and see.... I'm going to chase the fuel till it gets what it wants and that is where it is going to be...... Sorry Nate but i think the car is lean i know what your WB said but the more i think about it and the more i talk with others like my E85 carb guy it sounds like im lean.
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:38 pm

whats the a/f at? e85 is hard on widebands.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Engines are unique as people. We found my 440 kind of likes it on the lean side, which is not uncommon for 440 as I discovered talking to the moparts bracket races, who all think i should aim for 12.8 Yet I'm not tuning this to kill. I'm tuning for a good street driver , so I was happy with it sitting at 12.6 and fattening up at the end.

Thank Peaches for pointing out the real deal, torque converters are a huge determining factor.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:41 pm

mr.johnson wrote:
whats the a/f at? e85 is hard on widebands.

It is? I thought leaded race gas was..... Either way on the gas scale it was 11.7-12.3 on nate's w/b
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:05 am

i have fresh widebands in the box if there are ever any questions but i know what they do when theyre shitting, an im still running the same pair as when you were here steve. my right side w/b is ever so slightly latent but still quite acceptable tonight on a stout 383 small block on pump gas.

lmmk when ur ready an idk what we gotta do to make everybody happy but the real point is getting afr's right not the numbers. the parts are going to do what theyre gonna do when everything is setup right.

side note is that gto a 6.0?
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dyno tuned   dyno tuned - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dyno tuned
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next