Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Detail guys: Chime in here

Go down 
+5
LLcoolJames
347 LX
Disgustang
tim85851
XSFTLBS
9 posters
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Detail guys:  Chime in here Empty
PostSubject: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:43 am

Does anybody know where I can buy (preferably local) Optimum No Rinse Car wash? It would be a ton cheaper than going to the carwash constantly, and it would probably do a better job. LMK!
Back to top Go down
tim85851
Legit
tim85851

PostSubject: Re: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:51 pm

how bout just regular car wash...?
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Hose bucket for water and some soap...... Really cheap.
Back to top Go down
347 LX
Legit
347 LX

PostSubject: Re: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:01 pm

brngrhd wrote:
Hose bucket for water and some soap...... Really cheap.

Yup! Wax it occasionally too.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 pm

um yeah. With ONR, you use the two bucket method for washing. Its just easier, because you don't need a hose. I have no way to hook uo a hose at my place.

Have any of you even looked at Optimum No Rinse before? It doesnt sound like it in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:24 pm

I use the windex method
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:26 pm

There is ALWAYS a way to connect a hose.... always. I kept fish.... there is always a way.

I haven't used any of the rinse less car wash options, nor do I ever plan to on my GTO. Honestly, it you are looking for decent washes, just go to a do-it-you're selfer and bring a wash mit/sponge of some sort. After the soap cycle, just buzz over it quick with the mit/sponge. You should be fine spending no less than $5 a pop.

That being said, if you already have holograms and scratches, then the two bucket no-rinse option should be fine.

I used to use a California duster for day to day dusting, but I am going back to quick detailer and microfibers for it's daily cleaning after I polish the GTO again tomorrow. If my car gets rained on, I wait until I can do an actually wash because of the amount of shit that sticks. No dusting after that point.

My $0.00000000000000002
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:34 pm

That isn't a lot of cents Tusk, especially in this economy.

However, I do agree with you.

mike
Back to top Go down
tim85851
Legit
tim85851

PostSubject: Re: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:26 am

agreed. bring a mitt and some soap to a DIY car wash, since you live in SP go to badgewash right by wendys.

unless you're feeling pretty rich to keep buying ONR... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Connor.H
Legit
Connor.H

PostSubject: Re: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:07 pm

You won't be able to find ONR locally. Meguiars has a new rinseless wash option that you might be able to find locally, I haven't checked for it. Duragloss has one too that might be available.

FWIW, I predominantly use rinseless washing, although I rarely work on truly filthy vehicles.

As Tusk has indicated, most will agree that there is an increased risk of harming your finish by using ONR. BUT, there is also a correct way to do it that seriously minimizes any risk (remember, there are the same risks with a conventional wash method).

A quick cost break down of rinseless washing...

The standard price for a gallon of most rinseless wash solutions is $39.99, this is 128 oz.
The suggested dilution ratio for washing is 1 oz/2 gal of water, you should use 4 gallons for a wash.
You are able to get 64 washes out of a gallon at $0.62 per wash.

So keep on buying your fancy soaps, rich boy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chdetailing.com
Connor.H
Legit
Connor.H

PostSubject: Re: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Here is a tutorial from my site on how I do it.

http://www.chdetailing.com/winterwash/
Back to top Go down
http://www.chdetailing.com
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Nice tutorial, I may buy some of that shit for winter use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detail guys: Chime in here   Detail guys:  Chime in here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Detail guys: Chime in here
Page 1 of 1