Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worthless LS motor

Go down 
+7
Mclovin23
Bod89lx
LLcoolJames
roguestatus
Disgustang
Tusk
overblown
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
overblown
Legit
overblown

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:44 pm

Looks like it needs more technology. Perhaps 8 more cams, and 30 more valves would do it. Till then, we'll have to settle for this.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233138
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:53 pm

What a piece of shit......
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:56 pm

it would be "ok" if you put in a fox body other then that it is junk.
Back to top Go down

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:19 pm

brngrhd wrote:
it would be "ok" if you put in a fox body other then that it is junk.

Just what I was thinking... Laughing
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Meh.....might have what it takes to take down a blown 'coyote' 5.0..... Wink
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:24 pm

No match for my new 3.0 taurus.

but seriously thats pretty awesome

Last edited by LLcoolJames on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:25 pm

roguestatus wrote:
Meh.....might have what it takes to take down a blown 'coyote' 5.0..... Wink

But NOT a Terminator!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Laughing
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Lol!

Definitely awesome! at 9600 that thing is prolly screaming pretty dam loud Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:51 pm

What a pile thats just worthless V8 junk lacking technology.....and I bet that still isnt enough HP for Bod HAHA!
Back to top Go down

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:33 am

yeah, wow. what a piece. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:40 am

Nice to see that they are making progress with the LS motor's. They are getting close to the HP output of a SB2 motor and a Yates headed SBF.
Back to top Go down

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:41 am

Told everyone that wasnt enough power for him! lol
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:44 am

And no a 1000 fwhp wouldnt be enough for me in a race car, but would be fine for a street car.
Back to top Go down

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:46 am

1000 HP street car really? what do you want for the track low 4's?
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:13 am

Well my old foxbody made 725whp n/a and 1180whp on spray and was somewhat of a street car, so yea if I build a drag car again I would like at least 1400whp. As far as a street car goes my little green foxbody is fine for now. I would be more then happy to drag race anybogy on here with there LS powered car if they want to see what a junk SBF with a little boost can do.

Here are a few pics
Worthless LS motor DSC01838

Worthless LS motor Scan0001

Worthless LS motor DSC01876-1
Back to top Go down

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:25 am

well it looks like a very fast car. And for the record I didnt say anything about your junk car, in fact I think its a nice car that im sure is fast...but you dont have to come in here and be a dick saying you will race any LS series engine out there. I was simply making a joke and you took it out of context.

And I am sure there is someone out there with a LS motor that is faster then your car because there is always someone faster.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:21 am

i don't think he was being a dick... im a chevy guy but dons car is bad ass and he has had faster stuff. also as of late it does seem a bit LS nutswinger around here.... they are bad ass but not the end all be all of motors. i think that might be his point. as far as an LS motor in the area that will hang with his old junk there are none that i know of at this time granted i don't know that many bad ass LS motos in the area....... Tylers car when done will desimate(sp) all at drag wars LOL
Back to top Go down

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:09 am

I remember Don driving the blue bandit on the street a few times...
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 am

Not trying to be a Dick, just pointing out that what they are doing now with LS motors has already been done with SBC and SBF motors as it seemed to me that the point of the post was that LS motor was breaking new ground for small block engine's. As far my car being faster then any LS car that was not what i was saying, just pointing out that i would be willing to race. I know all to well it doesnt matter what motor is in a car if the owner knows what they are doing then it will be fast. FTR I dont think my car is bad azz or that fast for that matter.Yea like Steve said it seemed like some nut swinging was going on.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:11 pm

does the paint job on your fox add 50whp Don Wink
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:14 pm

probly only like 45.
Back to top Go down

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Well it started with alot of mod motor nut swingers now that you mention it. Razz
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:49 pm

Don you have to be kidding man. please show me these legions of SBC and SBF motors that are doing this. You do realize that this motor is FUEL INJECTED and under 450ci right? I really want to see the ford engine that has done the same. I like you man, but sometimes I wonder....... Razz
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:07 pm

overblown wrote:
Don you have to be kidding man. please show me these legions of SBC and SBF motors that are doing this. You do realize that this motor is FUEL INJECTED and under 450ci right? I really want to see the ford engine that has done the same. I like you man, but sometimes I wonder....... Razz

No problem just go look at most any NMRA hot street motor but no they dont let them EFI as they would make even more power, also I know of 2 SB2 motors making well over 1000 fwhp and i am sure at any NMCA event where they run a small block n/a class there will be plenty of SBC making that kinda of power. Most of them are 440 ci and smaller but like I said most of the small block n/a classes dont allow EFI. I know the are a few EFI classes but I dont know what they run or enough about them to say.FWIW NASCAR motors are 360 ci and run on unleaded fuel and make some were around 850-900 whp so shoul be close to 1000 at the crank and Dodge , GM, Ford , Toyota make one. So I dont see how I am out of line I am making statements on what I have seen at the track and from people I know not what I read on the internet or in a magiazine. You do know a 500 ci pro stock motor makes well over 1500 fwhp which is 50% more from only 70 more cubes. So like I said before the LS motor is starting to show that it can produce hp numbers in the range of some older push rod small blocks. FTR I never said a Ford mod motor was a great motor. The 03-04 Cobra motor was a great motor and so is the GT500 5.4 motor. The rest of Ford's Mod motors are nice door stops and have no bang for the buck factor.
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:10 pm

LLcoolJames wrote:
probly only like 45.

No only 33whp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worthless LS motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worthless LS motor   Worthless LS motor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worthless LS motor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum