Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tires.... suggestions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Tires.... suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Tires.... suggestions?   Tires.... suggestions? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Looking at using new tires for the Camaro, just need a bit of direction. I'm currently looking for some decent summer turns for when I'm not running drag radials. I have a separate matching pair of wheels. I was looking at these.... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Sport+COMP-2&partnum=74WR7GFSPC2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Tires.... suggestions?   Tires.... suggestions? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:14 am

I ran those tires on my Sentra when I had it and still did autox. Not a bad tire at all IMO, but OLD design and tech though.

I ran Direzza Star Spec 1's the last 2-3 summers(years are starting to blend together the older I get). The were completely done for at the end of last summer, but has been my favorite street tire that I have run. They have some good grip. Not the best in the rain, but oh well Smile The Spec 1 has been replaced by the Spec 2 which I will be ordering for this upcoming summer.

I have to plug my $0.02 if the Nitto Invo crosses your mind. Biggest POS tire I have ever used. No grip and all 4 of mine broke belts/had seperation in them.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Tires.... suggestions?   Tires.... suggestions? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks for the input! Yeah, i wasn't thinking about the Invo.... You're not the first one to tell me horror stories about them.... lol
Back to top Go down
voda48
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tires.... suggestions?   Tires.... suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 7:46 pm

I've had two sets of Invos and never had the issues Jon had.

When it came for new tires I did however bail on them and got some Bridgestone Potenza S-04 PP. They grip very well, even in the rain, and are nice and quite. I have zero complaints thus far. Not sure if they come in the size you were looking for though: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+S-04+Pole+Position
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Tires.... suggestions?   Tires.... suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 8:12 am

Star spec.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Tires.... suggestions?   Tires.... suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 2:20 pm

As far as I can see, they don't make the Star Spec in 275/40/17... or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Tires.... suggestions?   Tires.... suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Only a 255 in a 17, same with the RE11..... Not too many options on TireRack in that size.....
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Tires.... suggestions?   Tires.... suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 7:19 pm

yes it's a Mustang site but I know they carry lots of 275/40R17.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/drag-comp-tires-9904.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tires.... suggestions?   Tires.... suggestions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tires.... suggestions?
Page 1 of 1