Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite driving road

Go down 
+5
Fuckin Schiller!!
overblown
MikeyT
kthxbai
LLcoolJames
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

Your favorite driving road Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:33 am

One of my favorite top gear episodes is when the guys embark on a quest to find the best driving road in the world.

Top Gear Season 10 Episode 1 - Full Epi

I want to know, whats your favorite road? where is it? why do you like it?

I have a few roads I really like. Most of which are country roads around Cross Plains. Observatory road is a big one, im pretty sure its popular among others also. Otto Kerl rd is another I like. theres not usually any traffic, and I drive it so much I know it really well. And they just chip sealed it again Smile
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 am

Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:10 am

Mine was this road...

Your favorite driving road County9fromtheback

This is North Dakota Walsh county road # 9! It was 3 miles out North of Grafton and it was where we went to drag race as high schoolers. It was about five miles long with only the occasional shelter belt of tree's meaning little to no worry of anything crossing the road in front of you. I won many a race in my 1972 Road Runner there.

Mike
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:24 pm

That sounds awesome mikey. I really like J and JJ. No traffic ever, great corners and hills, well maintained. Plus they are very close to my house.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:31 pm

213 in-between Evansville and Beliot. Twisty, hilly and smooth.

CO. H down here in Rock also for the same reason.

Hwy 69 in Oklahoma is a pretty neat stretch.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Riddle Road heading out of Lodi. it's a perfect road for a Subaru and it's a bitch for anything that isn't made for cornering. there's one corner that sucks because it's banked outwards, and tons of people throw their cars in the ditch there every year. but then there's also nice long curves that can be taken at well over 100 miles an hour (with the right car of course) and the best car is that I have never once in my life seen a cop patrolling on that road.
Back to top Go down
JDMasfck
Legit
JDMasfck

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:05 pm

^ I know that road well.. the ITR loves it.. perfect for a corning machine like you mentioned.. and that corner can get you but damn it's fun.. I first went on it on a bike with my buddy who told me he know a good road... He was right.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:27 pm

I love driving on CTY Z south of Blue Mounds, that is the best road ever.
Back to top Go down
franky.C
Legit
franky.C

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:31 pm

I-95: Between Stamford & Baychester!!!!
Back to top Go down
MarineScout13
Legit
MarineScout13

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:52 pm

I love the road on the way out to Mopars, just needed some better suspension and no van in front and I could've enjoyed it a hell of a lot more
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:49 pm

MarineScout13 wrote:
I love the road on the way out to Mopars, just needed some better suspension and no van in front and I could've enjoyed it a hell of a lot more

Not to mention less cowshit, farm debris, mud, gravel, dead babies, X-men comics, and anything else people throw out there car windows while traveling in western Dane County Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MarineScout13
Legit
MarineScout13

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:51 pm

I have a gravel setting plus it would be like a rally race in my head. And, if I broke down, at least there would be x-men comics to keep me entertained while sitting there waiting for a tow truck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:14 pm

moparkid wrote:
MarineScout13 wrote:

Not to mention less cowshit, farm debris, mud, gravel, dead babies, X-men comics, and anything else people throw out there car windows while traveling in western Dane County Evil or Very Mad

Don't forget the empty PBR's, BL's, & Busch Lights Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:26 pm

HWY kp at 2 in the morning, hwy 19, HWY F, HWY K/KK and observatory is boring cuz if i haul ass on it my neighbors tell my mommy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:51 pm

My favorite road is the one leading to your mom's house.
Back to top Go down
mdanielp

mdanielp

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:58 pm

Dirt road?
Back to top Go down
http://www.genesisspeedshop.com

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:19 pm

mdanielp wrote:
Dirt road?

Only if the red river is flowing. Then i take that old dirt road home. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite driving road   Your favorite driving road Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite driving road
Page 1 of 1