Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driving Light replacements....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Driving Light replacements.... Empty
PostSubject: Driving Light replacements....   Driving Light replacements.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:59 am

So, Ive had a set of KC 57 series driving lights for about 10 years or so. I bought them new, and Ive had them on about 4 different vehicles in the past. I was going to finally hook them up on the Explorer for the winter, but I noticed that one of the reflectors is rusting bad at the bottom, and the wire harness sleeves in the rear are dry rotted and basically useless. The lenses themselves (lexan) were also pretty yellow. I was just going to replace them with Cheapo Walmart lights when i remembered that KC has some kind of retarded length warranty on their lighting systems.....

I checked it out, and apparently its a 23 year warranty, and covers the exact problems I am seeing with my lights. So i'm going to make a call this morning, and see what they can do for me. I'm really not expecting much... but we'll see. If they warranty these lights, they've made a customer for LIFE. I'll update this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Driving Light replacements....   Driving Light replacements.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:30 am

I've taken Hella 500's and converted them to HID, it works out pretty good. and the outside is plastic so they won't rust.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Driving Light replacements....   Driving Light replacements.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:38 pm

I've had Hellas before, and I like them a lot. I just got an e-mail back today, and KC authorized the warranty work! I box them up, ship them to them in AZ, and they will either replace the worn parts or replace the entire light for free. I'm impressed! I'll take some pics of the lights as they are right now, and then the after warranty condition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driving Light replacements....   Driving Light replacements.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driving Light replacements....
Page 1 of 1