Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

gun question

Go down 
+9
kthxbai
2jz-U-Ltr
Blown91LX
mdanielp
dragonov_elite
mr.johnson
408 4 Eye
Poncho Racing
Thunderballs
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

gun question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: gun question   gun question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:28 am

lol Peter it's Corey, with an E. nigguh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gun question   gun question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:06 am

Peaches wrote:
Everyone who has actually shot and killed someone with a gun.....raise your hand.

Ok...I'll bite. What are you getting at?
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: gun question   gun question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:50 am

Well I have been in that position another lifetime ago so I guess I have a slightly different view of guns and I was wondering if anyone else had been in that position or not.
Back to top Go down
Thunderballs
Legit

PostSubject: Re: gun question   gun question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:16 am

I have never been there. And I hope to everything I never am put in a position where I have to use a gun like that.

"guns are like parachutes, if you ever find yourself in need of one and don't have one, ypull probably never need one again"

I don't know the circumstances behind your event, but that had to suck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gun question   gun question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:39 am

Peaches wrote:
Well I have been in that position another lifetime ago so I guess I have a slightly different view of guns and I was wondering if anyone else had been in that position or not.

Curious as to your different view due to circumstances. Not busting your balls, just curious. You don't need to explain it too me if you don't want to.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: gun question   gun question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:47 am

I totally support guns for home defense. If someone is running a home invasion style robbery (which used to popular where I lived in california) then they are probably looking to fuck you up in the process. But outside the home I just don't see it doing you any good. If someone robs you at gun point or car jacks you at gun point they just want to intimidate and take your shit. As soon as you pull a gun in defense, that robbery just became a gun fight and I think you're now much more likely to get shot.

My situation involved a violent haitian refugee who didn't leave me much choice so I don't feel too bad about it because he made his own choice.

I would never vote against gun ownership or the hobby itself, these are just my own opinions on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gun question   gun question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:57 am

Peaches wrote:
I totally support guns for home defense. If someone is running a home invasion style robbery (which used to popular where I lived in california) then they are probably looking to fuck you up in the process. But outside the home I just don't see it doing you any good. If someone robs you at gun point or car jacks you at gun point they just want to intimidate and take your shit. As soon as you pull a gun in defense, that robbery just became a gun fight and I think you're now much more likely to get shot.

My situation involved a violent haitian refugee who didn't leave me much choice so I don't feel too bad about it because he made his own choice.

I would never vote against gun ownership or the hobby itself, these are just my own opinions on it.

Understood. To each his own. For me personally I see every need and reason to have CC legal. Society isn't as polite and respectful as it was. Crime rates are up. I grew up across from one of the worst neighborhoods in the county. Made some of Madison's bad ones look nice. I keeped a loaded 12 in the house, in the car it was legally carried. We never had issues because those across the street knew we were a gun owning family. But others, they got hit, harrased and in some cases, killed. In my mind it justified the old saying. "A armed society is a polite society."

I understand the escalation argument but I'd rather have the option to escalate it instead of being a victim. Many times you are correct. A armed robbery is just a intimidation but all it takes is one time for them to decide to shot you, stab you or beat you to death and its over. I'd rather have the option of my handgun for that one time.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: gun question   gun question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:12 pm

I completely get that and fully support your right to carry it.

I also think MANY people are no where near responsible enough to carry a gun but there's no way to test responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gun question   gun question - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gun question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2