Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.

Go down 
+14
Vanilla Gorilla
Fuckin Schiller!!
LLcoolJames
Disgustang
overblown
MikeyT
240sxguy
2jz-U-Ltr
OJDAJUICEMAN
HoosierDaddy
ma70tt
STiedVR4Guy
bigbird94
XSFTLBS
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:50 pm

mtperformance wrote:
If it doesn't have the Mitsubishi sensor don't put it on your car.

THE ONLY OPTI SPARK TO GET IS AN AC DELCO

EXACTLY. The only three places you can get a mitsu sensor in an opti are AC Delco, The Chandler MS Opti, or the Delphi Opti. (at least as far as I could tell.) My ne AC Delco just got delivered by UPS! Smile
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:56 pm

Great!

Good luck with the install.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Blackout wrote:
mtperformance wrote:
If it doesn't have the Mitsubishi sensor don't put it on your car.

THE ONLY OPTI SPARK TO GET IS AN AC DELCO

EXACTLY. The only three places you can get a mitsu sensor in an opti are AC Delco, The Chandler MS Opti, or the Delphi Opti. (at least as far as I could tell.) My ne AC Delco just got delivered by UPS! Smile

FYI.... Delphi manufacturers the part you get in the AC Delco box.

Hurry up and end this fail thread already Laughing
Back to top Go down
Poncho Racing

Poncho Racing

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:26 pm

[/qoute] FYI.... Delphi manufacturers the part you get in the AC Delco box.

Hurry up and end this fail thread already Laughing [/quote]

I was just going to mention that AC Delco and Delphi are like the same thing lmao good thing I kept reading and seen this. Cool
Back to top Go down
Poncho Racing

Poncho Racing

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Oh yeah and good luck with install hope it turns out to be the problem...
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Old opti is out, i ended up pulling the entire radiator and fan assembly.. made shit a bit easier. Going to clean up some stuff and start re assembly. Should i just run h2o and water wetter from now on???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Blackout wrote:
Old opti is out, i ended up pulling the entire radiator and fan assembly.. made shit a bit easier. Going to clean up some stuff and start re assembly. Should i just run h2o and water wetter from now on???

No. Put coolant back in it. You're not running on Pinks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Put coolant in it
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:25 pm

HHa ok
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Also on the vented opti i have seen people hook all ports to vac and that does not work out very well.... low pressure and spark is not a good thing.... Think thunder storm in the cap.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 3:28 am

^ that would be a big ol retard move. One hooks to a vac source, one to a filtered air source after the MAF.... that way, you get good clean air drying out the moisture in the cap.

Anyways, I got it buttoned up and fired ( after cranking it for a while, wondering what was wrong now... and realizing I left the coil wire off DUH.) and it seems okay?

Success?

For some reason, it seems like the exhaust is a bit quieter than it was when I first got it (cam not as noticeable??) and it seems to be lacking a bit of power. But, as far as I can tell, no misfires, and (thanking the gods) nothing leaking. No SES light after firing it up, but if I cruise for a while it will come on for about 1-2 minutes and then go out. Not sure what thats about, but I'll have to get it scanned to tell. It doesnt run any different when this happens, FWIW. I *MIGHT* have mixed up the firing order a bit, i'm not sure. in the process of cleaning up shit, I must have gotten the plug wires with some brake clean. The numbers I wrote on them were not very clear LOL! SO, other than re-checking firing order when I can get to a lift (got one I could use?? LOL) I think its time to get the car all cleaned up and waxed, and put some decent miles on it!

Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:48 am

Kevin great job man! It sounds like you might of solved it. Now personally, I doubt it would b running to decent if you mixed up wires. Hopefully this solves it.
Mike
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:14 am

Sounds like you need a case of opti spark modules in the trunk.. ya know just in case. lol
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:11 am

Also check those wires. I'm always suspicious upgrading electrical systems without upgrading them as well.

Mike
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:57 am

And check into COP because this is going to happen again. Start saving now. Gratz on the successful repair.
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:04 pm

Good job there guy
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:30 pm

Why would you need a lift to check firing order?
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:53 pm

Have you ever messed with a v8 camaro? Its just easier.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:12 pm

if it runs with any sort of smoothness at all, its not the firing order. It would idle like complete shit if at all and def. not drive very well at all if the firing order was messed up. thats not your issue.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:21 pm

Actually , you can be one off on the opti and it will idle fine just not rev as quick cause two holes are right next to eachother in the firing order .
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Regardless, ill probly need to change plugs, since all the misfiring likely fouled the hell out them. That might be where my little bit of missing power went.
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:42 pm

I'm going to make a thread everytime I blow a headgasket or rip a gear out of my trans. But really it seems like your king shit ever since you bought that thing.
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Your plugs would clean off after some pulls if it is tuned right
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:15 pm

mr.johnson wrote:
I'm going to make a thread everytime I blow a headgasket or rip a gear out of my trans. But really it seems like your king shit ever since you bought that thing.

Explain how I've been acting like "king shit". If you mean not putting up with people's bullshit anymore because I'm sick of it, then I guess you are right. I don't make a thread every time my car breaks. I make a thread if I'm lost on it. After screwing with the Camaro for a couple weeks, I was out of options. I asked about locating a garage to confirm something. a few people told me to replace the opti, which I did, and it runs good now. Problem solved.

I mean, should I just NOT POST about my car on an automotive based forum? Is that what its come to now? If so, fine. I'll just sit here and lurk like quite a few other people, and not get into any drama.

BTW, I think the plugs were fouled a bit, and after putting a few hundred miles on it since it was fixed, it seems like its doing much better. Thanks for pointing that out.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:55 pm

Don't worry, eventually the spotlight will be off you, but for some reason you just seem to be the target of the week.

I used to do my best to be the target and take pressure off of other, but it does get tiring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.   Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Needed. Good GM garage to diagnose the Camaro.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3