Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone have a hook up with brake components?

Go down 
+2
ma70tt
Tusk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Anyone have the "hook up" with brake components? I'm looking to do everything this upcoming weekend, so I'm a serious buyer.

I'm looking for the following:
Goodridge / Russel / StopTech lines - # 12288 6 LINE / RUS692320 / 950.62004 & 950.62504
Hawk HPS front pads - # HB247F.575
Brembo, Centric standard rotors or other available options

I got depressed at the fact I have to change EVERY fluid for my OCD 50k maintenance. Brake fluid was on there and I figured if I'm there I might as well take of my warped rotors and glazed pads. I'm hard as fuck on them and I get a bit of a shimmy when throwing the anchor out Smile

Oooohhh........... Maryland Speed is having some good sales right now....... who wants my money!?
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:10 am

ill try to remember to check ur list out an get ya some numbers tomorrow afternoon
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:50 am

Cool.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 am

Hey dude, get some ATE superblue or another colored brake fluid for the swap. It makes it real easy to tell when you have purged the old fluid out of the car!

Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:47 am

240sxguy wrote:
Hey dude, get some ATE superblue or another colored brake fluid for the swap. It makes it real easy to tell when you have purged the old fluid out of the car!

I never thought of this. Im going to have to try that next time
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:53 am

good luke with this..... the dot 3 4 are amber or orangeish in color they don't have them in other colors. DOT5 fluid it purple or blue-ish in color and does not mix with DOT 3 and 4 fluids.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:01 am

Steve wrote:
good luke with this..... the dot 3 4 are amber or orangeish in color they don't have them in other colors. DOT5 fluid it purple or blue-ish in color and does not mix with DOT 3 and 4 fluids.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/accessoryDetail.jsp?ID=21

Who the hell is Luke? lol
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:13 am

luke is some D-bag with a 240sx with a motor swap...... I wouldn't do this.

NOTE TO FLORIDA RESIDENTS ONLY: ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid,
due to its blue color, cannot be registered in and is not DOT-approved
for street cars in Florida.

ATE Super Blue Racing High Performance Brake Fluid is designed to excel within the extreme demands made on a race vehicle and exceeds all DOT4 standards. It is compatible with and will mix well with most DOT3, DOT4, or DOT 5.1 fluids.

but blue brake fluids are DOT5 silicon based brake fluid and does not mix with 3 4 or 5.1 someone dumping DOT5 in the system now becomes more likely.

if the fluid is dirty just keep flushing till it is clean.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:19 am

Steve wrote:
luke is some D-bag with a 240sx with a motor swap...... I wouldn't do this.

NOTE TO FLORIDA RESIDENTS ONLY: ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid,
due to its blue color, cannot be registered in and is not DOT-approved
for street cars in Florida.

ATE Super Blue Racing High Performance Brake Fluid is designed to excel within the extreme demands made on a race vehicle and exceeds all DOT4 standards. It is compatible with and will mix well with most DOT3, DOT4, or DOT 5.1 fluids.

but blue brake fluids are DOT5 silicon based brake fluid and does not mix with 3 4 or 5.1 someone dumping DOT5 in the system now becomes more likely.

if the fluid is dirty just keep flushing till it is clean.

Probably, most guys who drive 240's are d-bags.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:45 am

good thing most of us dont have to register our cars in florida
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:46 am

LLcoolJames wrote:
good thing most of us dont have to register our cars in florida
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:24 am

My shit was so brown last time the clear worked just fine Smile
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:27 am

Gross^ lol
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:46 am

your right we are not in FL but there is a reason they made it illeagle...... i'm guessing the reason is the liberals, not that people might mix it up with DOT5 and they don't mix.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Steve wrote:
your right we are not in FL but there is a reason they made it illeagle...... i'm guessing the reason is the liberals, not that people might mix it up with DOT5 and they don't mix.

Blame lies with the amish!
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:17 pm

pm sent
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a hook up with brake components?   Anyone have a hook up with brake components? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a hook up with brake components?
Page 1 of 1