Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!

Go down 
+19
2jz-U-Ltr
tim85851
overblown
kp116
LLcoolJames
408 4 Eye
00camaro
Rac3c4r
Mclovin23
Disgustang
Blown91LX
MikeyT
OJDAJUICEMAN
ma70tt
Overboosting
240sxguy
blown383z28
XSFTLBS
mr.johnson
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who would be interested in a Dyno Day? Tune or Just for the Numbers
I am interested in a tune
Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  I_vote_lcap25%Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 4 ]
I am only interested in seeing my numbers
Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  I_vote_lcap31%Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
I am not interested
Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  I_vote_lcap44%Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage

Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Empty
PostSubject: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 am

This post is to get some peoples input on a Tuning/Dyno day in WI.

To support the WI area we are trying to organize a Dyno Tuning day. What I would like to know is if I arrange the event, how many people would be interested in a Dyno Day somewhere in WI? It will be open to all types of cars; imports as well as domestics (FWD, RWD, and even AWD). Im thinking it will be sometime between late March and May.

I am shooting for a Saturday. Hours will be determined by number of cars interested. I would also like to do a Pre-registration as the time gets closer, so we can get an exact number of cars who will be coming. Depending on the popularity of this, it may become a two day event with Tuning on Saturday, and Dyno pulls for the numbers on Sunday.

Please everyone, give me some input on this one! I want this to be a success. Wether you want a complete tune or just want to run the numbers, this is the event to go to. So please take the POLL, and post if you are interested!!!
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:23 am

Where.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:37 am

Im still in the planning phases. May be as far North as Shawano/Green Bay area, possible Madison or even Waukesha. I need to find out how many people would be really interested before I can set a good location. I have a well reputable tuner as well...
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:38 am

As long as they can ACCURATELY tune an LTJuan with OBD1 I'm there.
Back to top Go down
blown383z28
Legit
blown383z28

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:09 am

^^Z your car's afr was dead nuts on the dyno.. and timming was safe.. or if your changing something major...? if not save your $..

and this tuner guy.. whats his name, what does he tune (gm obd1, obd2, ford, imports, etc, etc) whats his specialty?
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:17 am

It may have been dead nuts on at WOT, but i want a more comprehensive tune than it had. Part throttle, cruising and whatnot. AFAIK, the only way to do that kind of fine tuning is on the rollers. Plus, It may be flowing a BIT more air once Its done. Smile
Back to top Go down
blown383z28
Legit
blown383z28

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:21 am

well dyno tunes are good for wot.. if you want a good full all out tune the best is real world steet driving. any good tuner will tell you the same. lets see what this guy say. im going to start on my lt1 magic cock pony soon as the salt is off the roads agin. if you dont have it done by then i can maybe help you out for a small fee. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:53 am

PM's sent to both of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:56 am

Depending on timing with the event, how busy it is, and other factors, the tuner can do Road tunes as well. Road tunes have there advantages and disadvantages though. You cant really do a good WOT pull on the street, considering most cars you tune in 3rd or 4th gear. That kind of pull would put most high powered cars over 100mph, lol.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:00 am

You may want to talk to Nate (MA70TT) to see if he wants to host this. He has a Mustang dyno.

Edit; I signed up for "not interested". Seems every time my car sees rollers there are problems, and I don't need a crowd over my shoulder when fixing or troubleshooting.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:10 am

JL-07STI-LTD wrote:
Depending on timing with the event, how busy it is, and other factors, the tuner can do Road tunes as well. Road tunes have there advantages and disadvantages though. You cant really do a good WOT pull on the street, considering most cars you tune in 3rd or 4th gear. That kind of pull would put most high powered cars over 100mph, lol.

Alot of people street tune their cars around here and there are plenty of roads to go 140+ the problem is getting it organized. I tried this before and had a bunch of people said they were interested then when the time came everyone bailed. BTW whos the tuner?
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:16 am

240sxguy wrote:
You may want to talk to Nate (MA70TT) to see if he wants to host this. He has a Mustang dyno.

no awd Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 am

Oh right, I didn't even think about that! Well, if I am giving someone money to use rollers it's going to be Nate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Overboosting wrote:
JL-07STI-LTD wrote:

Alot of people street tune their cars around here and there are plenty of roads to go 140+ the problem is getting it organized. I tried this before and had a bunch of people said they were interested then when the time came everyone bailed. BTW whos the tuner?

How can you say there are plenty of places where you can open up and go 140+, are you saying the cops sanction it? Yeah, there are roads where you can open your car up, but you risk a major ticket and losing your license if you get caught. Thats not exactly something I could afford to do. Its fun opening my car up, but it sure as hell makes me nervous as hell looking down and seeing 160mph and knowing a cop could be just up the road...

The tuners name is Richard. I dont want to advertise the tuner openly on the forum, as I have tried that, and had the thread locked on other forums. I was told it was because I was not a paid vendor. Either way, this thread is out there, just so I can gage the interest of the event. If you would like specifics on the tuner, let me know and I will PM you some details.

240sxguy wrote:
Oh right, I didn't even think about that! Well, if I am giving someone money to use rollers it's going to be Nate.

As far as paying for the rollers go, if you dont want to get tuned I did mention that we may possibly split it into two days, Saturday for tuning, and Sunday just to see what your numbers are.

Also, to let you all know, if there is alot of interest in this event, Richard is considering bringing his Dynapack out. Thats one of the reasons why I said location to be determined...
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Quote :
How can you say there are plenty of places where you can open up and go 140+, are you saying the cops sanction it? Yeah, there are roads where you can open your car up, but you risk a major ticket and losing your license if you get caught. Thats not exactly something I could afford to do. Its fun opening my car up, but it sure as hell makes me nervous as hell looking down and seeing 160mph and knowing a cop could be just up the road...

you should probably sell your car then and buy a prius.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:55 pm

We only needed to do 100-120mph a couple times in my Cobra's when we tuned them. Took just a few minutes and was done. Cheap too. Not too worried about what #'s it makes on a dyno, just what what the 1/4 time and mph is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:09 pm

3vs197 wrote:
Quote :

you should probably sell your car then and buy a prius.

Why would I want to do such a thing?! The only reason why I asked the question is because I truely want to know. I have road tuned my car, and I had to be really careful where I went. I have been pulled over for speeding, and I cant really afford another ticket. I never said I didnt mind going fast, I love it. I think its a rush, and everyone should do it from time to time. I just wasnt aware of a truely "Good" or safe location to do it...

I thought I mentioned somewhere, I may be mistaken though, but I am originally from WI, but I have been living out of State for the last 6 years, so I am unfamiliar with some of the roads you speak of...
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:14 pm

fair enough, and I'm an asshole, ask anyone. As overboosting said, we have several places around here that have been raced on, maybe, 11,000 times and have had 0 trouble. as long as your smart about it, it can be done.
Back to top Go down
blown383z28
Legit
blown383z28

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:21 pm

my road. no houses, no side roads, no tel. poles. all i need is a quarter mile 0-132mph...lol!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:30 pm

blown383z28 wrote:
my road. no houses, no side roads, no tel. poles. all i need is a quarter mile 0-132mph...lol!! cheers

Thats what I like to hear! That was another nervous fear of mine is sideroads with merging traffic. I suppose another problem in WI is the deer, but Im sure yall have that one figured out as well. I am actually from Beaver Dam, so I know the area fairly well, but when I left over 6 years ago, I didnt drive, lol...
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:16 pm

If you want to do it in madison kelly moss is pretty much the only place with an awd dyno, I went to a nasioc dyno day there and it was pretty meh but Ill be needing a tune come spring so I might be interested if I can get my tuner to come here that day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Overboosting wrote:
If you want to do it in madison kelly moss is pretty much the only place with an awd dyno, I went to a nasioc dyno day there and it was pretty meh but Ill be needing a tune come spring so I might be interested if I can get my tuner to come here that day.

I have looked at Kelly Moss. They race professionally, and it may be harder to get them availability wise. I have also looked at Late Model Throttle in Waukesha. They look like they have a nice facility with an AWD dyno, and they may be interested in working with us. There is also beyond Redline in Green Bay. Like I said though, there is also the chance of my tuner bringing a dyno with him. Obviously, if he brings his dyno, Im sure hell be the one that wants to tune. But I do know how everyone is faithful to their own tuner...
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:31 pm

I would be interested in a dyno day, but depends on where and when. If it happens sometime in June it would have to be close to Madison.
Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:07 pm

MikeyT wrote:
I would be interested in a dyno day, but depends on where and when. If it happens sometime in June it would have to be close to Madison.
Mike

It may happen sooner than that. Possibly April-May time frame. More than likely on a Saturday and possibly Sunday if enough are interested.

I am starting to notice a trend of people who are loyal to their tuner, and you can never please everyone. Some people believe road tunes are more efficient, and others live and die by the dyno. I want to do this event more multiple reasons.
1. I need my car fine tuned in WI using good quality Wisconsin E-85
2. Im an avid car and racing fan, and I want to see what everyone else has
3. Seems like a sweet way to get to know others who share the same interests
4. Knowing a wide variety of car enthusiasts opens up alot of doors and provides answers to many questions
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:28 pm

This could be fun. But I dont pay to run my stuff on the dyno. Wouldnt make sense. Even if it is running by then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!    Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dyno Day in WI, who's interested?!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next