Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!

Go down 
+13
Piro Fyre
JamesZ28
Petes71cam
Tusk
spyderToph
Fuckin Schiller!!
408 4 Eye
Riggle
Overboosting
Connor.H
Disgustang
2jz-U-Ltr
240sxguy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
240sxguy
Legit

What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Empty
PostSubject: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:09 am

Well I pretty much have my BMW sorted out for the winter until something breaks. Hoping to get an email back about a set of winter wheels so I don't die in a firey crash. The 240 needs some love, but I am not sure I will touch it this winter. I do need to get it tuned again, but that doesn't make sense without doing the maf upgrade which I am too cheap to contemplate right now.

Otherwise I am going to keep working on getting my garage well organized. I find that a clean working space does wonders for me mentally. I sold some shit that was taking up space, and am going to move more things back to my shed for the winter. Extra wheels and tires do nothing but annoy me all winter long.

I also need to refinish the floor in my kitchen so I can call my kitchen "finished" after starting the whole project 2 years ago. I had some trailerpark hillrods do the sanding and I wasn't and am not impressed with the work they did. Ideally I can get this done soon, maybe in January.

Evan
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:59 am

Upcoming meet at Evans house. He will give you free beer, all you have to do is bring shoes with sandpaper glued to the bottom and take part in a six hour game of tag that takes place only in his kitchen.

This week I buy fuel pumps and fittings which will make my fuel system 100% complete. Then its LS2 coils, Harness, Ecu, Up pipe, fuse box relocation and it will be ready to tune. Yuck, that sounds like a lot now that I wrote it out.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:54 pm

I don't have much.......... only everything
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:57 pm

How long is it really going to take to put the hamster wheel under the hood of that rattle trap? lol
Back to top Go down
Connor.H
Legit
Connor.H

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:19 pm

I dont like thinking about these kinds of things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chdetailing.com
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Quote :
LS2 coils

Say it aint so
Back to top Go down
Riggle

Riggle

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Powder coat wheels, probably 2 stage with gold/yellow base coat, candy green clear.

Move intercooler about 1 inch over, its ever so slightly not centered.

Do rear fender flares (yikes, cutting unibody/rear quarter, then welding back together).

New brake pads, Hawk HP+'s only last about 5k miles, ha. Maybe porterfield or carbotech this time around?

Redo fuse box's/wiring that I am not happy with in an OCD way.

Nismo motor mounts instead of those BS polyurethane ones...WAY too much vibration for my taste.

Realign car, especially rear with zero camber for more gription, have so much camber now because rear quarters will not fit 17x10 with a 255.

While rims are off being powdercoated, order either 265's or 275's for rear since I will be gaining about 1.5-2 inches of clearance.

Pretty ambitious list, but I have the tools/skills necessary, the only thing holding me back is pure utter laziness.

Question, I take the insurance off of my car for winter, should I at least get some type of insurance for it to cover fire/theft/water damage? Or will my renters insurance cover items in the garage? Just curious for peeps who have experience in this area.

Non car related - not much, maybe shampoo/steam clean the carpets if I'm feeling saucy?
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Wait for the snow to melt and rain to wash all the salt away!
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm

2013 F150 OEM HID headlights modified with Hella EVOXR 3" projectors, 55w ballasts and Osram Xenarc D2S bulbs

replace all 4 brakes

2009-2012 F150 Platinum OEM Wheels and grille

tune it/recalibrate speedo for my bigger tires

put the AdvanceTrac fuse on a toggle switch

then I think my 18 second racetruck will be all done
Back to top Go down
spyderToph

spyderToph

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Install the coilovers on the spyder, and get it tuned. Get a fuel pump and reg for the second gen, then send the block off to get machined for assembly.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Finish the kitchen remodel, then begin on the master bathroom. Houses are fun Smile

Still working on finding a new aquarium, though I still have my 110 sitting dry.

Spring time I get to burn up my Blizzaks and StarSpecs as they will be done. Then the damn tire decision comes into play. I really liked the StarSpecs......

Trying to save for some Kook headers & mids to complete my exhaust.

Oh yeah... plan a wedding Smile
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:39 pm

People are still getting married? scratch
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Crazy talk I know...... Get this, this is going to be round 2..... More crazy talk, I know! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Connor.H
Legit
Connor.H

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:29 pm

New wifey? Same wifey?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Connor.H wrote:
New wifey? Same wifey?

New one.
Back to top Go down
JamesZ28
Legit
JamesZ28

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Not much. Maybe a new cold air intake or something Cool
Back to top Go down
Piro Fyre

Piro Fyre

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:00 am

New toilet for the basement so that mother fucker will flush the first time I press the flusher handle.
Back to top Go down
Connor.H
Legit
Connor.H

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:01 am

240sxguy wrote:
Connor.H wrote:
New wifey? Same wifey?

New one.

Thats great! Happy for ya Tusk.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:46 am

nothing, selling the bee for a big block dart.

mike
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 2:11 am

^like

I need to sell my truck and do my laundry. Id also like to trade my DD for something a little more not neon.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Overboosting wrote:
Quote :
LS2 coils

Say it aint so

Haha maybe, but definitely no carb. I might go 1ZZ coils just avoid those gay ass plug wires the LS2 coils use.
Back to top Go down
spyderToph

spyderToph

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 pm

^Could you use 2GR coils? I have 6.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Use ls2 coils just make wires and locate them where you want to.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:15 am

spyderToph wrote:
^Could you use 2GR coils? I have 6.

I wish, but I've never heard of anyone trying. The 1ZZ's have been run on 2J's up to 45psi without blowing out.
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:04 am

i might buy some headers and a tune.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!   What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's on your winter to-do list? Automotive and otherwise!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next