Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
240sxguy
Legit

Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans?   Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:20 pm

I could use the janky trans fluid cocktail, but would prefer to fix it properly. Anybody got a good trans guy in town that will work on this thing? Motor is out of the car and I can yank the trans with little difficulty at this point.

Everything is fine with it, but it grinds going into 3rd gear.

Evan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans?   Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:24 pm

I dont know one but let me know when u find one.. so he can do my bearings =)
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans?   Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:10 pm

I am likely going to have DS1 do it. They will do a rebuild for about 275 labor. Obviously parts are extra. You should consider a better gearset.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans?   Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Do they make steel synchros for the 5-speed? I want to drop in an LSD into my gearbox and might upgrade the synchros at the same time
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans?   Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:36 pm

No clue.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans?   Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:22 pm

DS1 always seems to have the cheapest price around on labor it seems like...theyd do a whole shortblock(new) swap/install for 3k
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans?   Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans? Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:53 am

thats who im looking at for doing my shortblock when the time comes for me to buy one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans?   Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody local that can do a set of synchros in my WRX trans?
Page 1 of 1