Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

detailing gurus?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

detailing gurus? Empty
PostSubject: detailing gurus?   detailing gurus? Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:46 pm

Do we have any detailing gurus on the forum? I'm no pro but I've found a few tricks over the years and like a good-looking car. Cool Recently picked up some new foam pads for the orbital and tried out Optimum's new polish with great success.
Back to top Go down

detailing gurus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: detailing gurus?   detailing gurus? Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:53 pm

There is a couple. I did it years ago in High School when I detailed at Kayser Ford. Moparkid puts out some top notch work and I think a couple others do so also.
Back to top Go down
Srauls
Legit
Srauls

detailing gurus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: detailing gurus?   detailing gurus? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:01 am

Im one of them. Im detailer at Zimbrick VW and do side work as well. Anything you need some help with?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/srauls

detailing gurus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: detailing gurus?   detailing gurus? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:24 am

If you don't mind sharing some expertise.. looking for some advice for products to use, mainly.
What's good to use to clean the interior? Salt in the carpeting and protect the plastic from UV specifically without being greasy.

I've been using Wolfgang and Rejex sealants for the exterior. Any other sealants you'd recommend?
Back to top Go down
noodles
Legit

detailing gurus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: detailing gurus?   detailing gurus? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:57 am

not to thread jack, but can ne1 do some work? Need some detailing. hit me up. ehhe
Back to top Go down

detailing gurus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: detailing gurus?   detailing gurus? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:53 pm

PM sent Cool
Back to top Go down
Srauls
Legit
Srauls

detailing gurus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: detailing gurus?   detailing gurus? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:41 pm

For interior protection I like to use 303 Aerospace Protectant. No greasy look and works very well. Salt in the carpet comes out best with an extractor or even a rug doctor rental would work. But you can still get most of it with a hard bristle brush, foaming carpet cleaner/ hot water, and a wet/ dry vac.
Both sealants work great. I usually just use buffing compounds that seal as well. Then a coat of Meguiars NXT liquid wax. Works great and is only about 20 bucks a bottle.

http://www.303products.com/shop303/index.cfm/category/65/303-aerospace-protectant.cfm
I can get you a bottle if you'd like. Let me know if you need anything else.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/srauls
JamesZ28
Legit
JamesZ28

detailing gurus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: detailing gurus?   detailing gurus? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

detailing gurus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: detailing gurus?   detailing gurus? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

detailing gurus?
Page 1 of 1