Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for opinions on rim color.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

Looking for opinions  on rim color.  Empty
PostSubject: Looking for opinions on rim color.    Looking for opinions  on rim color.  Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:01 am

So i sold the draglites and went back to stock pony's. Problem is that the pony's are not exactly mint. So my options are painting them argent which is the stock color. Or painting them black. I have used the argent paint before and wasnt all that happy with how it turned out. For those that dont know my car. Its a ford medium red (dark red) 91 mustang. Just wondering what you guys thought. Thanks in advance for any replys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions on rim color.    Looking for opinions  on rim color.  Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:05 am

Get a set of loaner rims, and have Justin powercoat the pony's black.
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions on rim color.    Looking for opinions  on rim color.  Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:12 am

^Thats not a bad idea. Wouldnt even need a loaner set. I could just put it on jackstands. Would he do it cheap? I dont want to put alot of money into these rims. Im rounding up parts for a five lug conversion.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions on rim color.    Looking for opinions  on rim color.  Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:20 am

I assume you are talking about Zac's guy out in Mt. Horeb. That would be the way to go if you want to do black.

What about painting them gunmetal or something? They just look so damn monotone black. Dupilcolor makes a really nice looking charcoal wheel paint I used on my BMW wheels (that are in my garage, not on the car).
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions on rim color.    Looking for opinions  on rim color.  Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:25 am

I thought of a problem with powder coating them. How would i paint the center caps to match? Im liking the gunmetal idea.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions on rim color.    Looking for opinions  on rim color.  Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:28 am

Yeah, no caps or rattle bomb. The flash washed out the color a bit, they are a little darker than this. There isn't any clear on these either right now.

Looking for opinions  on rim color.  IMG_0072
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions on rim color.    Looking for opinions  on rim color.  Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:30 am

I like the gun metal , silver idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for opinions on rim color.    Looking for opinions  on rim color.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for opinions on rim color.
Page 1 of 1