Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I don't care how fast you think your car is.

Go down 
+15
XSFTLBS
Disgustang
kp116
2jz-U-Ltr
LLcoolJames
MikeyT
mr.johnson
HoosierDaddy
OJDAJUICEMAN
408 4 Eye
blown383z28
Petes71cam
240sxguy
saucemaxx
overblown
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:11 pm

kp116 wrote:
Badass car for sure but imo its a little hard to consider it a street car if you don't race it on the street...

I have heard you say this before and I think it is just plain silly..... so if someone builds a car like this and never takes it to the track but also never street races it, because it might be hard to hook 2000hp and would be a little dangerous, what is it?
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:21 pm

brngrhd wrote:
kp116 wrote:
Badass car for sure but imo its a little hard to consider it a street car if you don't race it on the street...

I have heard you say this before and I think it is just plain silly..... so if someone builds a car like this and never takes it to the track but also never street races it, because it might be hard to hook 2000hp and would be a little dangerous, what is it?

A workbench.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:34 pm

StrokedZ wrote:
brngrhd wrote:
kp116 wrote:

A workbench.

Haha, first funny comment and it's only January! Do it big!
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:30 pm

A street bench? I'm saying what if someone build a bad ass but doesn't street race it..... Just has fun driving it around....it is not a street car?
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Well that person would be a retard and this argument is gay.
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:09 pm

If it was a civic, some emo bitch would be giving you a blow job in it.
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:19 pm

im willing to place a wager that the nova in the first post does not get street raced, but it is in fact a very streetable car & a very fast car at the track.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:44 am

if someone built a 6 second car, didnt take it to the track and didnt drive fast on the street, they should punch themselves in the face and sell it to pay off the extra loan they took out on the mortgage to make a 3500 pound paper weight
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:57 am

The street car comment is pretty silly. Calling a car that doesn't get street race not a street car makes no sense. It runs 6's while on cross country road trips.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:34 am

overblown wrote:
The street car comment is pretty silly. Calling a car that doesn't get street race not a street car makes no sense. It runs 6's while on cross country road trips.

If it's not doing it in consecutive 6 second quarter miles it's not a street car! Razz
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:46 am

mr.johnson wrote:
If it was a civic, some emo bitch would be giving you AIDS in it.

Fixed That for you

overblown wrote:

All bullshit aside, this kind of car needs it's own term, racecar doesn't cover it because it shows up without a truck and trailor and puts down six second runs, but if negotiating a race, you really can't say, it's just a street car. It's like a Swiss Army car, only more violence and less chocolate
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/sharpshooter
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:12 am

overblown wrote:

fyi, larsons nova did not run 6's during drag week. that happened at lv speedway the following weekend which is where the video was taken. so last year this was more of an extremely low 7 second street car with high 6 second potential
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:53 am

ma70tt wrote:

fyi, larsons nova did not run 6's during drag week. that happened at lv speedway the following weekend which is where the video was taken. so last year this was more of an extremely low 7 second street car with high 6 second potential
Oh! well in that case its a slow POS
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:04 pm

brngrhd wrote:
kp116 wrote:

A purpose built TRACK car. If its a street car then it should get down on the street, plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:04 pm

ma70tt wrote:
overblown wrote:

False.

kp116 wrote:
brngrhd wrote:
kp116 wrote:

A purpose built TRACK car. If its a street car then it should get down on the street, plain and simple.

It's not a purpose built TRACK car. It's a car built to race, show and DRIVE. Not everyone is willing to street race. There is nothing wrong with that. That's got to be the worst qualifer of a street car ever. There's a big difference between a car that doesn't street race and a car that CAN'T street race.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:31 pm

overblown wrote:

It's not a purpose built TRACK car. It's a car built to race, show and DRIVE. Not everyone is willing to street race. There is nothing wrong with that. That's got to be the worst qualifer of a street car ever. There's a big difference between a car that doesn't street race and a car that CAN'T street race.

This is a much better way of saying what I was trying to say..... it's not a street car because he doesn't street race it is dumb. He doesn't say he has the baddest street racing car. He has the baddest street car that he races.
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Keep in mind many successful people are also responsible and dont want to street race some do though.
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:08 pm

overblown wrote:
ma70tt wrote:
overblown wrote:

False.

kp116 wrote:
brngrhd wrote:
kp116 wrote:

happened the day after, this was very well publicised
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:15 pm

Obviously you guys didn't figure out imo means in my opinion. I was stating my opinion. Doesn't mean its neither right or wrong. You can argue your opinions against me all you want, seems kind of pointless though.
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:40 pm

kp116 wrote:
Obviously you guys didn't figure out imo means in my opinion. I was stating my opinion. Doesn't mean its neither right or wrong. You can argue your opinions against me all you want, seems kind of pointless though.

what are you saying? this is an internet forum and to be taken very seriously.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:44 pm

That "don't take it seriously" stuff is a bill shit cop out.

You're serious when you say it so you're going to get a serious response.

I hate people that like to poke you in the fucking eye repeatedly and when you finally punch them in the face they look at you like wtf was that for.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Um not to switch subjects, but I'm looking at Peaches sig and as far as I know that is not anatomically possible.

Sorry, I had to point it out.

Anyway, this debate is silly. The spirit of drag week has always been to put away the notion that these cars are only race cars, nothing more nothing less. It isn't a debate about the morality of street racing.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:27 pm

so is it a street/strip car? Driven on the street raced on the strip.........
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:32 pm

Its a whatever the fuck kind of car the owner wants it to be. This categorization of a car to see if its fair to race against another car is a stupid argument.

Is that guy driving his car here to race on 151? No. So who gives a shit.
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:34 pm

brngrhd wrote:
so is it a street/strip car? Driven on the street raced on the strip.........

are we still on topic steve? jk, id say thats exactly what it is. its been said many times that the nova in question puts many more miles on a year than it does at its yearly dw outing. which is always 1,000+ miles. anyone remember when this car was pastel pink w the '80's graphics on it? thats a trend i hope never comes back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't care how fast you think your car is.    I don't care how fast you think your car is.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I don't care how fast you think your car is.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next