Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car

Go down 
+14
408 4 Eye
Mclovin23
WWevoX
XSFTLBS
mdanielp
HoosierDaddy
STiedVR4Guy
OJDAJUICEMAN
Thunderballs
JamesZ28
2jz-U-Ltr
240sxguy
Disgustang
Overboosting
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Empty
PostSubject: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:23 am

Recently Lexus announced that they had broken the production car lap record around the daunting Nordschleife circuit and today they've released a video backing up their claim. The LFA Nurburgring Edition - of which only 50 will be made - lapped the Green Hell is an astounding 7:14.64.

Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:52 am

looks like they did but is it really a production car when only 50 are being made?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:37 am

I think 50 may be the minimum required to consider it a production car.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:32 am

What a faggot. He probably would t even race from a dig. He has no driving skill.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:13 am

LOL not the point peaches. awsome car great driver. IMHO not really a production car.
Back to top Go down
JamesZ28
Legit
JamesZ28

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:53 am

brngrhd wrote:
is it really a production car when only 50 are being made?

Exactly what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:11 pm

JamesZ28 wrote:
brngrhd wrote:
is it really a production car when only 50 are being made?

Exactly what I was thinking.

I am not sure they would be able to sell more than 50 anyway. God knows what this thing costs!
Back to top Go down
Thunderballs
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:17 pm

According to my Google efforts base price is 455k.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:29 pm

SWEET JESUS!
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:02 pm

and the race is on...

Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:10 pm

They'll probably do what they did with the last car like this, charge an insane amount then hold the title for 3 years or w/e so people can't resell them.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Ill still take the ZR-1
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:03 pm

^ x 1435795579953
Back to top Go down
mdanielp

mdanielp

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:22 pm

/\ yeah what dem dooodes say...
Back to top Go down
http://www.genesisspeedshop.com

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:16 pm

What's this Nurburg ring thing?
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:25 am

Lol you'd really take the zr1?

Corvettes are everywhere. Take the lfa anywhere and you'd ha e the only only one and put the Corvette to shame in every category except burnouts.

Ill take the LFA.

Oh, its ugly too.

Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car 2012-Lexus-LFA-exterior-concept-cars
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:10 am

I'd rather do the burnouts.

Fuck that piece of shit. I bet Peters Challytugboatbattleship thing could do a better fucking lap......

FWIW, I like it. Ugly or nbot that fucking thisng scoots
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:24 am

So blackout, your extensive automotive knowledge and experience with thunderbirds and fbodys has brought you to the conclusion that this car is a piece of shit?

Makes perfect sense. Especially with that hillbilly avatar of yours.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:28 am

brngrhd wrote:
looks like they did but is it really a production car when only 50 are being made?

Yes. That's why we have a Plymouth superbird and the Dodge Daytona.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:30 am

lolz
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:01 am

Yep, just like your extensive knowledge from blowing up a Mazda, driving a car that weighs more than most construction vehicles, and rocking a Supra with the biggest damn crhome fartpipe you could find has told you that its NOT.

Wait.... what? LOL Fuck it, packers won, your point is invalid. Plus, I like the ugly/blazing fast barelyproduction racecar......
Back to top Go down
WWevoX
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:36 am

StrokedZ wrote:
Yep, just like your extensive knowledge from blowing up a Mazda, driving a car that weighs more than most construction vehicles, and rocking a Supra with the biggest damn crhome fartpipe you could find has told you that its NOT.

Wait.... what? LOL Fuck it, packers won, your point is invalid. Plus, I like the ugly/blazing fast barelyproduction racecar......

You forgot the smiley face at the end.
Back to top Go down
JamesZ28
Legit
JamesZ28

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:30 am

Peaches wrote:
Take the lfa anywhere and you'd ha e the only only one and put the Corvette to shame in every category except burnouts.

I agree with the first part. The LFA definitely beats the Corvette in the being unique category, but it really doesn't put it to shame in anything...it's actually worse for the most part.

LFA:
1/4 mile - 11.6@125mph
Top Speed - 203mph
Braking 70 to 0 - 156 feet

ZR1:
1/4 mile - 11.2@135mph
Top Speed - 205mph
Braking 70 to 0 - 145 feet

And I know these stats aren't everything...I'm just giving a few examples. Oh and I left out the biggest difference...price. Laughing
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:13 am

Are those stats from the production lfa or this special edition one?

Also I assumed price was irrelevant for this candy mountain discussion since nobody could afford the zr1 either. But yeah that Lexus is fucking stupid expensive and not worth it at all.

So, in some sort or bizarre situation where I won a dick sucking contest and the prize was a choice between them I would choose the lfa.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:16 am

Peaches wrote:
Are those stats from the production lfa or this special edition one?

Also I assumed price was irrelevant for this candy mountain discussion since nobody could afford the zr1 either. But yeah that Lexus is fucking stupid expensive and not worth it at all.

So, in some sort or bizarre situation where I won a dick sucking contest and the prize was a choice between them I would choose the lfa.

where can i sign up cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car   Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lexus claims fastest Nurburgring lap with a production car
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next