Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need some ideas on wheels/tires

Go down 
+11
Thunderballs
408 4 Eye
Petes71cam
Overboosting
blackmage
blown383z28
OJDAJUICEMAN
240sxguy
2jz-U-Ltr
Mclovin23
XSFTLBS
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas on wheels/tires   Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:24 pm

LOL true! FWIW, The tires on the back right now are Yokohama AVS sports.... its a shame they dont make them anymore, because they would be my first choice for DD tires. The car needed drag radials last year, this year its a necessity if I want to win ANY dig races.... Wink
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas on wheels/tires   Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:34 pm

The Nittos will hold up very well! I also hear people like them. However I have always run M/T drag radials

Mike
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas on wheels/tires   Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:56 pm

6 wheels??? Fuck that noise. Get nitto 555 for the front and get nitto 555r for the rear and be done with it. I ran those all of the time. Rain didn't bother them and they got really good mileage. That's what is on the c5 with the vortech. That works well too.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas on wheels/tires   Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:29 pm

^ good to know! mabey ill just go that route then.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas on wheels/tires   Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:49 pm

It'll save you some money anyways. And there doesn't seem to be a downside.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas on wheels/tires   Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:54 pm

i have nitto 555s in a 275 40r17 on the back of the mustang and it seems to work good on street and tread seems to hold up well. this is coming from someone who didnt even reach 3000 miles last year so take it with a grain of salt. lol. they were priced really well too.
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas on wheels/tires   Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:18 am

17" x 9" or 8" or whatever, on Billet Specialties Street Lites. Buy something fucking cool if your going to spend the money. It seems like just about every modified Fbody has Vette wheels. These are also one of the lighter wheels available for the money, if you're serious about racing....

Here is a firebird for reference.

Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Dscn0610
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas on wheels/tires   Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:39 am

Oh and I'm not trying to hate on F-bodys with vette wheels...
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas on wheels/tires   Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 pm

I just hate on all f bodies
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas on wheels/tires   Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 9:17 am

bigbird94 wrote:
17" x 9" or 8" or whatever, on Billet Specialties Street Lites. Buy something fucking cool if your going to spend the money. It seems like just about every modified Fbody has Vette wheels. These are also one of the lighter wheels available for the money, if you're serious about racing....

Here is a firebird for reference.

Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Dscn0610

Wow, I really like those wheels!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some ideas on wheels/tires   Need some ideas on wheels/tires - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some ideas on wheels/tires
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2