Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:

Go down 
+18
STiedVR4Guy
Tusk
Fuckin Schiller!!
GGevoX
bigbird94
Overboosting
Disgustang
mdanielp
overblown
fokus83
HoosierDaddy
OJDAJUICEMAN
Bod89lx
240sxguy
2jz-U-Ltr
347 LX
MikeyT
XSFTLBS
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Empty
PostSubject: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:36 pm

Because we found some other shit. Once they got some stuff out of the way to take the trans out, they realized there was some severe structural rust hidden under a bunch of components, and it is not repairable. SO

I call up the guy at Carsmart Sales in Loves park (who sold us the Taurus) and he was very apologetic. Keep in mind that the car was sold AS-IS.

I spoke with him, and he's willing to have the car towed down to him in loves park, where he will scrap the thing. He'll give us a credit on a different car. Its not going to be the full price of the car mind you, but he said he'd meet us in the middle on it, which is about a grand. He offered to give us this credit on a a car we pick out from his lot... i didn't ask about just handing us the damn cash. SO, we can take that 2200 we were going to pay to have the trans rebuilt this Friday and get a different car from this guy......... but I'm hesitant for obvious reasons.

The only thing we found on auto-trader (under carsmart sales) that we like is a 1997 Infiniti I30 in pearl white. Car has 139K on the clock. Ive read some reviews about these cars and they seem pretty nice for a DD.

I guess i'm asking what would you guys do at this point? Would you take the 1K he's going to give us as a credit on a different car off his lot, or would you just ask for the 1K in cash? I don't think he's going to just hand us cash however. He seems like he's actually trying to meet us in the middle on this, since he could technically just have said, sorry, it was sold as-is and have a nice day...hung up and fucked us even more.... so it seems like he's trying.....

I just don't know what to do at this point. What would you guys do in this situation?

Here is a link to the autotrader for the infiniti BTW:

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/inview/detail.jsp?dealer_id=56627566&dealership_view_name=www.carsmartsales.com&ct=u&car_id=298091062&captcha=success
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:41 pm

I would ask for the 1k never hurts to ask. I would not buy the Infiniti.

Mike
Back to top Go down
347 LX
Legit
347 LX

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:46 pm

Tell him to give you back $1000, and he can have the car back. Otherwise, your gonna drive it back there and have your own private demolition derby with the other cars on the lot.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:46 pm

If you can get an I30 with 139k on the clock for that price I would do it in a second.

I spent years doing lease inspections on those cars in southern california and they usually had 150k+ miles and the owners all loved them.

It's up to you, but that I30 is going to be 10x the car that old SHO was.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:48 pm

If you don't get it, I might just call them about it because it would make a pretty sweet winter car.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:51 pm

^ I 100% agree.

An I30 is an Infiniti badged maxima. I wish I had bought an 01-03 max instead of this bmw retrospectively.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:54 pm

It seems like a heck of a lot of miles and just knowing blackout's luck I don't trust it

It's a trap!!!!!! ( please, no fucking admiral ackbar's)

Mike
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Mikey, I was looking at maximas in the 120k mile range with absolutely no concerns. They are very reliable with proper maintenance.
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:58 pm

I would magic cock pony the SHO and tell the dealer to pound sand as he is not offering you anything, he is going to make money on the next shit box he sells you as well, and in turn not giving you a fucking dime. Keep in mind he maybe had 500-700 bucks in that SHO you paid 2 K for at most. Maybe you should buy a new car with a warranty and use the cash you have for the down payment then you will have 1 car that will not break down or cost you money every week, just a payment every month for 3-5 years depending on how much car you buy. Right now good late modle used cars are in short supply and the prices are high on them so a new car may only cost you a few more bucks a month.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:10 pm

here is another idea. dont buy a car from a place called carsmart thats out of state cause it sounds like a real shit hole from what you just said. nobody has anything semi reliable for a cheap price locally?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Bet this pig would run for quite awhile and 1,800 bucks. http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/2335079370.html
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Evan

I'm sure they are good cars, but taking everything else into consideration it just seems risky.

Mike
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:43 pm

MikeyT wrote:
Evan

I'm sure they are good cars, but taking everything else into consideration it just seems risky.

Mike

Well, at the end of the day it is a 3k dollar car.... so yeah.. I agree.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm going to ask the guy for the money just straight up. If he has nothing we want, then not much else to do.

I tried to convince the wife to put the money we had for the trans plus the 1K from the Taurus towards buying Chris's Camaro... but she said there was no way.... LOL I had to try Smile

We'll see what this guy has available for us, and if he has nothing we want, we'll take the money, combine it with the 2K we have right now and try to find something locally.

Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:37 pm

What's the sho engine worth ?
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:42 pm

Good question. I'm not quite sure. Id have to do a bit of research on it.

*edit* 6-700 bucks with the milage.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:48 pm

Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:48 pm

LOL I saw that dude... funny shit.
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Well if you dont want to take advise from a former car sale person then good luck and at the end of the day its your money. So until the next what should i do thread because my car is broken good luck.
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:00 pm

nightrunner06 wrote:
What's the sho engine worth ?

Depends on the price of scrap, or maybe a few hundred bucks if it runs.
Back to top Go down
fokus83

fokus83

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:31 pm

Bod89lx wrote:
Well if you dont want to take advise from a former car sale person then good luck and at the end of the day its your money. So until the next what should i do thread because my car is broken good luck.

Cool
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:57 pm

So lets break this down a bit. The guy makes money off of you buying the sho. The guy makes more money when he scraps your sho. The guy makes money off of you again when you buy another car from him. Hmmmmmmm I wonder. If he writes you a check for $1000 he is fucking Saint Nick. I just don't see that happening at all. I'm typing this in between heavy fits of laughter.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Thanks for that.

Either way, we are getting out of the Taurus. We are going to see what he has on the lot and make a decision then. If he has nothing we feel comfortable with, we are going to ask him for AT LEAST half of what we paid and call it a day.

If that works out that way we have 3K to spend right now on a car for her. Buying new is not an option because even though we are debt free, our credit stinks. We JUST dug ourselves out of bad decisions we made when we were kids.

SO.

Option #1.

We get a 1K plus credit on a car on his lot, spend the 2k ADDITIONAL we have on hand right now on a car with a WARRANTY and an inspection.

Option#2.

We don't find what we want, somehow get cash from the guy and couple that with the 2K we have on hand and buy a car for the wife elsewhere.

I guess we will have to see.
Back to top Go down
mdanielp

mdanielp

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:23 pm

I've owned at 97 Maxima 185k, 99 I30 130k, 02 Maxima 170k and a 06 Maxima 50k. I used to drive 60-80k per year. These are good cars which is why I bought them with hign miles and put more on them (other than the 02 which I put 140k on it in 2 years.)

Keep in mind that Illinois dealers inspection is way different than Wisconsin. I grew up in the car buisness and know it very well in all aspects of the dealership.

My recommendation would be to get cash for the car from the guy if you can, however I am guessing that will be a challenge with out buying another car from him.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.genesisspeedshop.com
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Thanks for the Info man. I guess we will see how it all pans out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next