Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:

Go down 
+18
STiedVR4Guy
Tusk
Fuckin Schiller!!
GGevoX
bigbird94
Overboosting
Disgustang
mdanielp
overblown
fokus83
HoosierDaddy
OJDAJUICEMAN
Bod89lx
240sxguy
2jz-U-Ltr
347 LX
MikeyT
XSFTLBS
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:12 am

Yeah, I figured as much Evan Smile

Well, the situation resolved itself. The dealer we bought the SHO from had the car towed back to Loves Park on HIS dime. We went down there on Friday and told the guy that we just wanted a check cut. He wasn't too thrilled with the idea, but we got 1500 back on the SHO from him in check form, which we promptly cashed at HIS bank. Smile

We found a different car for the Wife too. We picked up a 97 Nissan Maxima SE, 123K on the clock and we bought it from the original owner. (little old lady) It was just a bit dirty from sitting far a couple of months. Best part is that it only cost us what we got back from the SHO disaster Smile We had it checked out at a dealer in Rockford yesterday, and the dealer gave it a clean bill of health We also discovered what I think is most of the service receipts for the entire life of the car tucked away in the glove box..... oil changes, exhaust, tires, misc stuff. Last receipt I've seen so far was 3 months ago.

SO... the Bird is still up for sale, and now I have the money for a summer car Smile

The money for the T-bird is going into a separate savings account for my Daughter's car fund, since she will be driving next year. We decided that whatever she saves up from now until she gets her license we will match. In other words, if she saves up 2K we will give her an additional 2K to buy a car with.

Thanks for the advice in this thread, everything seems to have worked out pretty well in this case.

..... waiting for the "WTF did you buy a Maxima for" comments LOL
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:50 pm

I think you made some good decisions here big boy. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Peaches wrote:
I think you made some good decisions here big boy. Congrats.

Thanks. Hopefully step 2 of the getblackouttostopfailing plan goes through well.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:08 pm

I too think you did good... great price on a great car.....
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:11 pm

I see it this way. We lost 1100 on the SHO, and we got a smokin deal on the Maxima. So if you take into account all of that.... its like we paid 2600 for the Maxima overall. Still not a bad deal.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:17 pm

no not a bad price even at 2600 if it is as nice as you say. as far as your summer car goes i know you don't want to say anything till it is a done deal but if you let people know what it is we may be able to guide you as to now have another SHO incedent
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm probably going to buy Christian's Camaro. Smile I currently have 2K for him, and I get a check next week for another 2K. That leaves 1K left, and I can get that by the end of this month. Its something different, and pretty much everyone agrees that its a solid car. Like I said though, i want to take it for a drive and such, just to make sure I like it and everything. I've pretty much decided on it though, since I've driven a 4th gen F body before, and I KNOW what's in this car. FWIW and FYI, the money I'm using for a summer car was allocated for this a while ago, so we are all good. Smile
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Don't buy an fbody. Even the nice ones are shitty even chris's. His car was probly broken just as much as yours was last year. Even stated that it was the jankyist of all the fbodies in existence to me when I was nut swinging it last year. Pretty sure it doesn't run good at all right now. And it leaks every where. Seriously don't buy an fbody.

Sorry chris. Just trying to prevent future fail threads here
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:58 pm

?? LoL
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:02 pm

LLcoolJames wrote:
Don't buy an fbody. Even the nice ones are shitty even chris's. His car was probly broken just as much as yours was last year. Even stated that it was the jankyist of all the fbodies in existence to me when I was nut swinging it last year. Pretty sure it doesn't run good at all right now. And it leaks every where. Seriously don't buy an fbody.

Sorry chris. Just trying to prevent future fail threads here

Speak for your own clapped out fucked up f body. not others , Some our quite nice, I know of a couple on this forum. You get what you pay for .
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Blackout if you wanna know about Chris ' car , I know Prolly the most about it , you got my number ......
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Dude im dead serious. Before you buy it put a piece of cardboard under it for 12 hurs. Ive seen the car on a lift. If christians car was mine I wouldnt sell it to you knowing that you wouldnt be happy with it shortly after the purchase.

Also, dont buy an Fbody. They are cheap janky piles of shit. I was driving down the road a few days ago and half of my door panel just fell apart. I honestly would rather own the 96 taurus i traded for my camaro. looking back I wish I hadnt have made the trade. Ttops are cool but not worth all the other B.S. you will have to put up with. Plus all the extra shit thats wrond with chris's car. If your going to buy it you might as well keep the Tbird because your going to wind up in the same boat anyway.

Congrats on the maxima
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:07 pm

No JD. Maybe the 1 of 5 cars your dad buys you may be nice, but after 120000 miles they will be shitty too, and thats all thats in Kevins price range.

If you call JD all your going to hear is what you want to hear and not the truth about the car

831 5933 Call bennets and ask for Matt. He will shoot you strait about the car.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:10 pm

Sounds like a jealousy issue , if you wanna come over to the shop i will show you my receipts and payment books on my cars , I pay for every damn thing , so you are wrong
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Yep. Real Jealous here. Im proud of everything I own that I paid for with my part time minimum wage earnings. I do wish my family had enough money to have a nice shop and give me loans to buy nice cars. Instead I give my parents loans so they dont lose their house and in turn I get too keep all my shitboxes in their driveway. Lets keep this on track, Blackout shouldnt buy PD chris's Camaro.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:18 pm

James, you should really just shut the fuck up and stop making statements based on assumptions and rumors you hear at work.

JD pays for his cars.
The shop is not his parents.
You have no knowledge of the work that has gone into that camaro in the last few weeks.
Nobody gives a shit about what you pay for or don't. You brought it up.

We all see your "OPINION" Other than that you're 100% off the mark with you're angry/jealous little comments.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:24 pm

thanks Peach.

sure he does, eventually
ok good to know
no, but I do know how much of a pile that car has been in the past year.
Just saying im not jealous he has nicer shit. I could have a nice car if I wasnt more worried about things that are more important than cars.

Never would would have guessed you would side with the two 21 year olds that swing off your nuts Suck it
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Side? I'm not siding with anyone, but I have first hand knowledge of the subject, and you do not. All you have is a big mouth, a 15 year old level of maturity, and a professional oil changers level of car knowledge.

Also, since you have no friends it's easy to understand how you would not recognize friendship and just call it nut swinging.

I could care less if Blackout buys the car or not because if not it's going to Jefferson and sold there anyway. But if you continue to talk shit about people and things you have no first hand knowledge of I will absolutely ban you for no less than 30 days.

Just because I'm a nut swinger.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:36 pm

Ive been around chris's car being working on at bennets and at ford. its not just heresay.

I guess I have no friends now. Wait, who has the 15 year olds level of maturity? Youve seen my friends, they were were the ones who out drank you at my house that one time when tye was passed out on my couch and matt kept grabbing my friends girlfriends ass.

I have more than an oil changers knowledge, Im a week away from a degree and I work on more cars on the side for people than you eat slices of pizza every week.

If you ban me whatever, but it would be bullshit. The amount of hate that goes by around here is rediculous.
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:38 pm

LLcoolJames wrote:
Ive been around chris's car being working on at bennets and at ford. its not just heresay.

I guess I have no friends now. Wait, who has the 15 year olds level of maturity? Youve seen my friends, they were were the ones who out drank you at my house that one time when tye was passed out on my couch and matt kept grabbing my friends girlfriends ass.

I have more than an oil changers knowledge, Im a week away from a degree and I work on more cars on the side for people than you eat slices of pizza every week.

If you ban me whatever, but it would be bullshit. The amount of hate that goes by around here is rediculous.

so drinking measures maturity level?
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:40 pm

nope, just proving peters met my friend group and his accusation came out of his ass.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:45 pm

LLcoolJames wrote:
Wait, who has the 15 year olds level of maturity? Youve seen my friends, they were were the ones who out drank you at my house that one time

That one time when I was drinking lightly because I was supposed to be driving home?

LLcoolJames wrote:

Sick Burn?

LLcoolJames wrote:

You don't have to be here. All this really stems from you personally not liking Chris and from what you hear about JD from Tye at work.

Like I said I have no interest in Blackout buying the car or not, in fact I've said I hope he doesn't because I don't want to hear about it. You just need to take your angry little e-penis and go poke it someplace else.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Ok so night runner will be paid off at the end of the year ,loan holder is cbb bank

Firehawk paid for , traded cars from my old trans am ( which I bought pretty much stock and built my self ) for the red truck posted earlier on this forum , then traded that for my current firehawk. It took NO money !

Old ford of mine, paid for , I've been working on since I've been 14 , so ya for the last 7 almost 8 years .

I work way more jobs then you've thought of working , also started my own repair shop , and rent the shop I work out of.

Last edited by nightrunner06 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Jimmer come on you can't question hate when you just busted on JD like that? I understand you are trying to be respectful and helpful to Kevin which is respectful. Yet, while everyone has an opinion on this transaction, the only ones that really matter are Kevin's and Chris's.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Who the who fuck is this kid!? Haha, 1 when I said my car is "the worst f body ever" was me exaggerating obviously because yours exists. Last year I put a new motor in it...needed a water pump and opti (which Matt at bennits did) after the swap. That was fixed, then the motor made to much power for the tranny so It wouldn't shift at WOT...damn 383 strokers. since then I have had the transmission rebuilt with kevlar clutchs and it shifts great. last year when I put the opti on with matt I was not told that I needed a vent kit to go up into the intake so that moisture did not get inside, so it broke. Now we have to fix that because I was not informed by the mechanic that it needed that...that is being addressed right now and will be fine before blackout buys the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:   We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO: - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We are NOT having the trans rebuilt on the SHO:
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next